ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I need tires.  (Read 3901 times)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: I need tires.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »

Following this bc the rear two on the sprinter I just got (yay!) have some dry rot and 30% tread left on the rears
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UK15c8htKcjqPNXdA

Saw this van on 95 near Alexandria the other day too
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fqjck55GTiBzqnjt7
The tires on my 2006 van (which led to the creation of this thread) were not the original tires, but ones with a manufacturing date of Jan. 2004.  A testament to Hankook with their tires, they've done very well over the past 14 years on the same vehicle (I average about 5000 a year on this van).  The tread was starting to separate with a lot of "spider web" cracks all over the tire.

Great drum photo!

Richard Turner

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »

for light heavy truck ask your local ambulance fleet operator what they are using.

our farm trucks are running take off tires from ambulances. around here they are mandated to run full winters nov-april . if they are less than 65% tread they dump them for $30. not a bad deal for blizzaks. the summer tires arent as good of a deal, theyll run them down to 4/32 just barely enough for farm/rv use. only competition for them is a couple short haul off brand end delivery courier drivers that do their own maintenance, if they're paying for tire changes its not worth the expense to put on tires every 5 weeks.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.