ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL delays help  (Read 1194 times)

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
M7CL delays help
« on: August 26, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »

I have a client with an M7. I rarely touch it, or any other M7s...so I have to re learn it when they call me with issues.

The issue:  a particular output/mix has a couple seconds of delay on it. It is not the output port delay, it is at zero. It’s somewhere else.  Where else are there places to add delay in the signal path? 

This is an aux send used to feed their recording, video, and hallways. It may involve a matrix as well but I’m not in front of the console/not sure right now.

A couple things it can’t be...there’s no external processing of any type patched into /inserted on the console. The feed in question was checked at the omni out and is delayed there; the delay is not in an outboard device.

Any Yamaha gurus that can tell me where else some one could have cranked up the delay?

Ed Walters

The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: M7CL delays help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 10:03:54 AM »

I have a client with an M7. I rarely touch it, or any other M7s...so I have to re learn it when they call me with issues.

The issue:  a particular output/mix has a couple seconds of delay on it. It is not the output port delay, it is at zero. It’s somewhere else.  Where else are there places to add delay in the signal path? 

This is an aux send used to feed their recording, video, and hallways. It may involve a matrix as well but I’m not in front of the console/not sure right now.

A couple things it can’t be...there’s no external processing of any type patched into /inserted on the console. The feed in question was checked at the omni out and is delayed there; the delay is not in an outboard device.

Any Yamaha gurus that can tell me where else some one could have cranked up the delay?

Ed Walters

Did someone accidentally insert (internally) an effect in the path?

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 12:30:23 PM »

Did someone accidentally insert (internally) an effect in the path?
Nothing inserted.

Ed
The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »

I would just do a factory reset and see if the delay disappears. Might as well check for latest firmware while you're at it.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »

Nothing inserted.

Ed

I don't know if can be done here but if you can post a scene from your M7 here maybe someone can take a look and see if there is something in there that will explain what is happening. Or post a link to a drop box with a scene in it.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 04:09:05 AM »

I would just do a factory reset and see if the delay disappears.

SOP everytime I'm unfortunate enough to run into a M7.
That's a console that hasn't aged well, and who knows what Yamaha was thinking when they decided to not include output port delays in scene recall.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 04:09:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.