ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: Risky Business—The Only Way To Truly Improve Your Mixing  (Read 2224 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Let’s talk about risky business.

Back in 2012, Felix Baumgartner jumped out of a capsule at 120,000 feet above the earth. I played “Lost in Love” by Air Supply on the jukebox at the local bowling alley.

Which was riskier? I’m not sure.

There I was, standing in the pit at the bowling alley. I knew “Lost in Love” would come up next. My friend Dave began throwing his bowling ball down the lane when the song started.

In one fluid motion, he retained control of the ball and turned around, glaring at me. He asked, in a not so kind way, “who played the song?”

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_-_risky_business_the_only_way_to_truly_your_mixing/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

John Chiara

Let’s talk about risky business.

Back in 2012, Felix Baumgartner jumped out of a capsule at 120,000 feet above the earth. I played “Lost in Love” by Air Supply on the jukebox at the local bowling alley.

Which was riskier? I’m not sure.

There I was, standing in the pit at the bowling alley. I knew “Lost in Love” would come up next. My friend Dave began throwing his bowling ball down the lane when the song started.

In one fluid motion, he retained control of the ball and turned around, glaring at me. He asked, in a not so kind way, “who played the song?”

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_-_risky_business_the_only_way_to_truly_your_mixing/
IMO...the real way to improve your mix is to hone traditional engineering skills at home. If you're not practicing mixing, you're going to creep along trying 'risky' things during the show. Musicians practice. Then they rehearse. Different process.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions

The far greater risk would have been playing any song by the
group Bread at a bowling alley.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Church Sound: Risky Business—The Only Way To Truly Improve Your Mixing
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:50:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.