ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences with the Work Pro Lightshark console?  (Read 6994 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Experiences with the Work Pro Lightshark console?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 07:39:02 PM »

The QuickQ 20 and 30 have the the standard 10 fader playback area.  I’m not how many layers or pages you get though nor what all you can assign to them.  Given that ChamSys claims the QuickQ shows are compatible with the larger desks I’d hope that the faders are just as useful, but it’s also a very new product too and it might take a few firmware updates to bring out the full potential.

Sorry I only looked at the one model and saw that limitation.  Was excited at first.

The sub 2k lighting console is a space I am very interested in.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »

The sub 2k lighting console is a space I am very interested in.

There's definitely a coverage gap in that price bracket.  Aside from the few options from Jands, Pathway, and maybe Strand/ETC at their lowest level there isn't too much to get excited about right now until you spend upwards of 5-10k on a desk, and with the Congo Kid now being a legacy product there's yet another gap between the two extremes.  Hopefully more companies will start taking note of what the X32 did to the digital mixer market and attempt the same for lighting.  I have yet to play with a QuickQ but hopefully it'll be a solid board and usher in more budget controllers that make good lighting control available to more people. 

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »

There's definitely a coverage gap in that price bracket.  Aside from the few options from Jands, Pathway, and maybe Strand/ETC at their lowest level there isn't too much to get excited about right now until you spend upwards of 5-10k on a desk, and with the Congo Kid now being a legacy product there's yet another gap between the two extremes.  Hopefully more companies will start taking note of what the X32 did to the digital mixer market and attempt the same for lighting.  I have yet to play with a QuickQ but hopefully it'll be a solid board and usher in more budget controllers that make good lighting control available to more people.

I just bit the bullet and got a Chamsys MQ40. It's a solid unit that has a good feel. I'm fairly new to lighting at this level but I'm liking this console a lot so far. Limited to 4 universes but can add a monitor and an additional playback wing, if desired. Chauvet has been offering 2 day MagicQ classes at their Ft. Lauderdale location, which really help get my head around the programming flow. I also like that I can easily export any show and still use a Mac, Linux, or Windows computer as a backup or for smaller, secondary shows if I had to, with just the USB dongle while still doing all the programming on the console.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.