ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub cab orientation, transporting and storing  (Read 2177 times)

Luis_Marquez

Sub cab orientation, transporting and storing
« on: August 20, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »

I am planning to either build some caster boards or bolt the casters directly to the cabs. My only concern is long term effects of having the cones in the horizontal vs vertical position. My area sees outside temps over 100 deg f for several months. I worry is that the suspension wound sag from being exposed to high temps or during transport,having the cones in the horizontal position.

Several Pro manufactures have front or rear mounted caster boards on their subs. Others have predrilled holes for rear mounted caster.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Sub cab orientation, transporting and storing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »

My only concern is long term effects of having the cones in the horizontal vs vertical position. My area sees outside temps over 100 deg f for several months. I worry is that the suspension wound sag from being exposed to high temps or during transport,having the cones in the horizontal position.
Luis,

If you are regularly using the subs with the cones in a vertical position, horizontal storage and travel between shows probably won't be a problem. If they are stored cones horizontal "long term", several months at a time, it could be, depending on the weight of the cones and suspension materials.

Art

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »

The sub are constantly being rotated in storage trying to maximize space. I do transport with the cones in the horizontal position.

Thanks Art

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.