ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XR18 Stage Monitor Mix  (Read 1663 times)

Robert Lunceford

XR18 Stage Monitor Mix
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »

On the XR18 hardware there are (6) Aux outputs.
I can't find AUXes on the iPad control. There are (6) "BUSS" tabs. Do these control the AUX mixes?
I am referencing the iPad demo mode as I don't own one of these units myself but will be operating someone elses.

Christian Ekren

Re: XR18 Stage Monitor Mix
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »

Yes, the Busses refer to Aux outputs. Though all the routing on the XR18 is flexible through the software patch.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:51:19 PM »

Yes, the Busses refer to Aux outputs. Though all the routing on the XR18 is flexible through the software patch.
This is one of the areas where the flexibility of digital mixers can catch out people moving from the less flexible analog world.

The XR18 has mix busses 1-6, which by default are routed to the physical outputs aux 1-6 - which would make your mix 1-6 = aux 1-6 assumption correct.

However, the routing options in the mixer allow all sorts of alternative routing to be set up, and different purposes for mix busses.  Yes, most live uses will use the aux outputs for monitors using the mix busses.  But, in the routing options, you can do things like routing an input channel direct to an aux output.  Or you can configure one or more mix busses to be subgroups, which you may or may not want to come out of the corresponding aux output.

Think about it hard, and look at some of the videos on YouTube, and it'll start to make sense.

But then remember that, with the default setting the mix busses 1-6 on the XR18 will almost always be used as monitor sends to aux 1-6

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »

Christian and Alec,
Thank you for your responses. I use the A&H QU series mixers where the outputs have specific purpose and are non routable.
Fortunately the XR18 I used routed the aux send through the busses as monitor sends.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.