ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Created Equal: One Engineer’s Take On The Modern EQ Process  (Read 1333 times)

Keith Clark

• Administrator

Not Created Equal: One Engineer’s Take On The Modern EQ Process
While some prefer to let the new “automated” gear do the lion’s share of the EQ setup, others may prefer to go more by ear.
By Greg Stone • Posted in Reading Room on August 14, 2018

From the outside looking in, the term “equalization” seems harmless enough: Using equipment to tame or enhance audio frequencies in order to obtain a more balanced overall effect.

When I’m working a gig, after the old “Are you the DJ?” question, the next thing I usually hear involves EQ: “How do you do it?” While some prefer to let the new “automated” gear do the lion’s share of the EQ setup, others go by ear. My own preference is a combination of both.

But whether I’m using a single 1/3-octave unit or a string of EQs for each channel in the system, my process remains the same. Once the PA is up and operating normally, I address the room, using a pink noise generator and RTA device to check the overall response curve of the house. This gives me an idea what the room needs.

Continue reading on PSW: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/not_created_equal_one_guys_take_on_the_eq_process/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 15 queries.