ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning up...  (Read 4267 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Cleaning up...
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »

Any good electric units these days? I really don’t want another engine (unless it is diesel ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »

So, Bobs gone from knocking off raccoons with a potato gun to a high powered water pistol.  They'll never go hungry and they'll always be clean.  ;)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »

A few observations from my experience and research:
  • Honda doesn't make pressure washers. They make the engines that many other companies use in the pressure washer carts they build. If someone says they have or tries to sell you a "Honda pressure washer" they are either lying or don't know what they're talking about. Either way, they're lying.
  • Most brands of pressure washers don't make the pumps, either. They are integrators that use other manufacturers' engines and pumps. Maybe they make the cart they put the engine and pump on.
  • I don't know about Stihl. They might actually make (or contract to their specs) the engines and pumps. I know that Stihl's power equiment is well-regarded.
  • The best pumps are oil-lubricated triplex piston pumps. They are usually attached to a horizontal-shaft engine. CAT and COMET are good brands of pumps; I'm sure there are others.
  • Look for industry-standard quick-connects for the hoses and nozzles. Many "big box store" pressure washers have oddball or proprietary fittings.
  • A 25-foot hose between the pump and the stinger is too short.
  • Drain the pump when you're done so it doesn't freeze. A few short pulls on the starter rope will do. Make sure the kill switch is in the "off" position or the spark plug is disconnected.
  • Swivels at the stinger end of the hose don't swivel when the hose is under 2500 PSI pressure.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »

A few observations from my experience and research:
  • Honda doesn't make pressure washers. They make the engines that many other companies use in the pressure washer carts they build. If someone says they have or tries to sell you a "Honda pressure washer" they are either lying or don't know what they're talking about. Either way, they're lying.
  • Most brands of pressure washers don't make the pumps, either. They are integrators that use other manufacturers' engines and pumps. Maybe they make the cart they put the engine and pump on.
  • I don't know about Stihl. They might actually make (or contract to their specs) the engines and pumps. I know that Stihl's power equiment is well-regarded.
  • The best pumps are oil-lubricated triplex piston pumps. They are usually attached to a horizontal-shaft engine. CAT and COMET are good brands of pumps; I'm sure there are others.
  • Look for industry-standard quick-connects for the hoses and nozzles. Many "big box store" pressure washers have oddball or proprietary fittings.
  • A 25-foot hose between the pump and the stinger is too short.
  • Drain the pump when you're done so it doesn't freeze. A few short pulls on the starter rope will do. Make sure the kill switch is in the "off" position or the spark plug is disconnected.
  • Swivels at the stinger end of the hose don't swivel when the hose is under 2500 PSI pressure.
Great observations!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.