ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this speaker exist?  (Read 4637 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Does this speaker exist?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »

http://www.ispproaudio.com/portfolio/hdds-master-control-module/

These are essentially poe speakers with a fancy hub. I don't know if they have a dante option, but as far as the speakers go, they sounded pretty great for a distributed system.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »

Agreed, Cisco's new 9k series routers are 100w capable per port up to 3000w per slot with redundant capabilities IIRC.

Yeah, if you can stomach that there are two digits in front of the comma in the price tag  :-X
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »

Looking for a speaker that is Dante enabled, runs on PoE (i.e. no external power required), and isn't a ceiling mounted paging type speaker.

Oh and weatherproof for use outdoors also. 

Looking for something to go along with a laser light show type event experience.

RDL makes an amplifier that's small enough that you could possibly open up a weatherproof speaker and put it inside, or fit into a small pelican type case mounted on the outside.

It uses POE++ and is 35W @ 70V so you may be able to extend another speaker or two off of it.
-Assuming very efficient speakers you can get a fair amount of volume out of 35W.

http://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=894
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »

What about deva?
http://deva.powersoft.it/

http://www.powersoft-audio.com/en/docman/697-deva-datasheet/file

....  In addition to being a POE speaker, it's got infrared motion sensors and cameras and such.  Am I the only one here who finds this particular design a bit.....   ummmm.....  sinister?  Big brother is definitely watching.

(sorry, topic swerve, I know)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 06:44:40 PM »

....  In addition to being a POE speaker, it's got infrared motion sensors and cameras and such.  Am I the only one here who finds this particular design a bit.....   ummmm.....  sinister?  Big brother is definitely watching.

(sorry, topic swerve, I know)

That appears to be aimed at retailers, like the mannequins that had cameras in them, either for loss prevention or to analyze shoppers reactions to the display.

All of these services now on 1 CATegory cable, along with BGM.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 08:23:45 PM »

That appears to be aimed at retailers, like the mannequins that had cameras in them, either for loss prevention or to analyze shoppers reactions to the display.

... as if mannequins weren't already creepy enough  ::)

I get that the product elegantly serves a need; but I figured someone had to say it  ;)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »

I get that the product elegantly serves a need; but I figured someone had to say it  ;)

Oh I agree it's all creepy.  I'm not yet signed on for constant surveillance.

One of my local WalMarts has a really big monitor at each main entrance and it shows the camera image PLUS the tracking marker; should your marker approach an open bin area of easily concealed merchandise, it activates the cameras above the bins... but it reinforces to anyone paying attention that attention is being paid.

Orwell would be impressed, or perhaps wonder why it took so long...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 02:22:31 AM »

Orwell would be impressed, or perhaps wonder why it took so long...

...or why we didn't heed his warning?

-Russ

Rory Buszka

• Gearmonger
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »

All this speaker needs is a remote-controlled rotation gearbox so it can turn and look at you. And maybe a machine-gun turret accessory.
Friends don't let friends mix a band from the stage.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 11:00:53 AM »

...or why we didn't heed his warning?

-Russ

convenience. brick and mortar has nothing on online retail tracking possibilities.

My first corporate gig was a retail technology summit. This was 10 years ago. Tech reps from banks, small box and big box retailers, phone companies, insurance, Point of Sale, you name it. They were all salivating at how well customers could be tracked, how advertising could be more specific. This was before the iOS and android phones became ubiquitous. The holy grail was for everyone to only carry a phone, not cash or cards, because we'd be fully integrated. The convenience factor was that we notice that we've lost our phone before our wallet ,and it would be simpler to freeze everything with one phone call than with 10. Every app is another potential data collector.

We obviously aren't there quite yet, but the big push is pay with your phone. This is probably why facebook was so adamant on using legal names, so that their global network could be certified as trustworthy enough to collect a fraction of a cent on each purchase. Apple wants in on the action, too, as does probably Google and any other tax-avoiding corporate behemoth.

Something I learned from the big-box retailer (some french company), self-checkout users tended on average to double scan more than under scan their items. So, not only are jobs lost, we pay for goods we do not receive :P

Consider that Amazon makes up half of all US online retail and you probably have some cookie telling them everything about your purchasing habits, even if you have never shopped there, just as facebook has profiles on people who never signed up. Is it good? Is it bad? It sure is convenient.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 11:00:53 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.