ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless DMX, truly wireless though...?  (Read 2260 times)

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
Wireless DMX, truly wireless though...?
« on: August 10, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »

Hello everyone, I’ve seen on the market several of these DMX wireless transmitters and receivers. I would like to see if there was one that was out there that is truly wireless, meaning it doesn’t require a power adapter on the transmitter.

I’ve been using and love using my DMXIS program via laptop/MacBook and it’s connected via a wired transmitter that currently is connected from my USB port to the unit and from there it connects to the first light fixture via DMX cable. With this little box (3”x3”x2”) transmitter box is powered via the USB cable from my laptop, so I’m not sure why the wireless DMX transmitter would need “ac power adapter” to a receptacle...

Upon searching the Internet I cannot seem to find  any wireless DMX transmitter that does not require a power adapter and I would truly like to be wireless with my laptop and be able to walk about freely in the venue controlling the lighting when I need to.

Any info or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Re: Wireless DMX, truly wireless though...?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »

Hello everyone, I’ve seen on the market several of these DMX wireless transmitters and receivers. I would like to see if there was one that was out there that is truly wireless, meaning it doesn’t require a power adapter on the transmitter.

I’ve been using and love using my DMXIS program via laptop/MacBook and it’s connected via a wired transmitter that currently is connected from my USB port to the unit and from there it connects to the first light fixture via DMX cable. With this little box (3”x3”x2”) transmitter box is powered via the USB cable from my laptop, so I’m not sure why the wireless DMX transmitter would need “ac power adapter” to a receptacle...

Upon searching the Internet I cannot seem to find  any wireless DMX transmitter that does not require a power adapter and I would truly like to be wireless with my laptop and be able to walk about freely in the venue controlling the lighting when I need to.

Any info or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Here is one option:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQH5JRF?aaxitk=XW4SoJUWdoZ3JpelssfNIg&pd_rd_i=B07CQH5JRF&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=54dc821a-0937-4e6f-9da9-f8dd5443145d&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=wireless+dmx&hsa_cr_id=7412456140401&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=CHINLY%208pcs%20DMX512%20DMX%20Dfi%20DJ%202.4G%207%20Charging%20Wireless%20Receiver%20Built-in%20Battery%20%26%201%20Transmitter%20LED%20Lighting%20Control%20for%20LED%20Stage%20Par%20Party%20Light&sb-ci-a=B07CQH5JRF
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 03:35:30 PM »

I think the closest you'll get is the WiFLY system from ADJ.

We use their transmitter/receiver system on most of our gigs. They have a built-in battery, and the unit can serve as either a transmitter or a receiver.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 02:05:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.