ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit external  (Read 1255 times)

Ian Payne

Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit external
« on: December 16, 2005, 08:57:41 AM »

Hi, I've posted on this forum previously inquiring about recording a sermon, basically running from the mixer into a laptop and recording using Audacity. As expected the sound quality is low due to using the mic input on my laptop which isnt at line in level, this creates alot of hiss etc.

If we were to purchase the Creative Soundblaster live! external soundcard would the majority of this noise and hiss be reduced? There is also an external sound blaster audigy available. However, we are on a very limited budget where everything counts so if the live can do what the audigy would we would prefer to buy the cheaper version.

Aaron McQueen

Re: Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit external
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 09:22:51 AM »

I would lean toward something more in the recording area.  Creative in general is marketed toward the gaming community.  Something like the M-Audio Fast Track USB would work better.  

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUSB-main.html

It also has balanced input, so if you have an extra balanced output from your mixer you could use that.  If you have firewire and more money my personal favorite recording device is the Presonus Firebox (ships with Cubase). It sounds really, really good.

http://www.presonus.com/firebox.html
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

Bob Watkins

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 10:35:55 PM »

I have had good success with a Griffen i-mic. Cost is about $30 adn runs on usb. Also can take mic or line levels and act as an output also.

Bob Watkins

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 10:35:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.