ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Identify channels on unbranded LED batten  (Read 6032 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Identify channels on unbranded LED batten
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »

I think "Arc" is nomenclature usually used by chauvet. So maybe search their archives for the fixture.

Other than that, I second the practice of just set it to address 1 and use a simple controller to map out the channels. Often times the dimmer channel is channel one.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »

Sadly, they do change.
One company I occasionally freelance for has some LEDJ uplighters that use 1=R, 2=G, 3=B, 4=Dimmer for example.

My no name LED pars are 1=Intensity 2=R 3=G 4=B 5=strobe
Took me awhile to figure it out as I thought 1 would be red. Without ch1 up I get nothing on the lights.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »

My no name LED pars are 1=Intensity 2=R 3=G 4=B 5=strobe
Took me awhile to figure it out as I thought 1 would be red. Without ch1 up I get nothing on the lights.

This is the reason I say: "directly after testing with single channels move to multiple channels starting at 50%"
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »

Arthur Clarke?  Lol. May I call you John Grisham or Alfred Nobel instead?

I wasn't sure what you were implying, but Scott helped me out. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke

Now that my good natured self as been duped thrice, I shall commence shutdown procedures.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »

I think it's safe to say I am missing some fundamentals here.

I have the nameless batten hooked up to a ChamSys Mini Wing running MagicQ. I've created a head type for it, patched that in, tried the batten in a few of those different modes, Arc1 etc. and can't get a thing out of it.

When I run a demo show in MagicQ, certain fixtures, depending on the demo, get some results from it, so I know it is responding to DMX info at least.

I'm assuming all the DMX info that I need to isolate / find / programme would be done in the Head Editor of MagicQ.

Apologies, I know this isn't MagicQ forum.

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 11:04:07 AM »

I think "Arc" is nomenclature usually used by chauvet. So maybe search their archives for the fixture.

Thanks, I'll have a look at them. Much appreciated.

cheers
Art

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 03:10:00 PM »

In magicQ go to "view" and select "simple".  (I think, working off of memory here)

New show and then patch 512 dimmers to the show. This gives you a basic dimmer per channel console to work with.

Try that and then bring up the first few channels and you can map out what the fixture does.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »

New show and then patch 512 dimmers to the show. This gives you a basic dimmer per channel console to work with.

Thanks Tim, got there with this!

I can see R, G and B appear to be on the first three dimmers, but then nothing else, and I know it has a strobe mode on it, as it strobes on some of the 'auto' programmes accessed from the small LED screen on the back of the batten. I loaded 10 faders, as I was guessing it wouldn't have that many features, but is the strobe or any other features likely to be placed at 450 when R is 001, G is 002 and B is at 003?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 11:28:33 AM »

Thanks Tim, got there with this!

I can see R, G and B appear to be on the first three dimmers, but then nothing else, and I know it has a strobe mode on it, as it strobes on some of the 'auto' programmes accessed from the small LED screen on the back of the batten. I loaded 10 faders, as I was guessing it wouldn't have that many features, but is the strobe or any other features likely to be placed at 450 when R is 001, G is 002 and B is at 003?

No, it would be on channel 4, 5, or 6 probably. Some of the "DJ" lights like this will have several personalities (ARC1, ARC2, etc) to choose from. Some people seem to think that more channels=better so the manufacturers put in extra channels that don't make a lot of sense for most people.

Many fixtures will have RGB on the first 3 channels, then it might look like Ch4 dimmer, ch5 macro, ch6 strobe. Macro is just preset colors and maybe chases. Sometimes, and this can be tricky, when you raise the Macro fader it kills what the other faders are doing. So if you have your color picked via the RGB faders, then bring up the dimmer to the brightness you need, if you accidently raise the Macro fader the light will go off and start doing crazy color changes. This is frustrating to me. Most of the time I pick the personality which has the most basic functions. All I want ideally is RGB and dimmer.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 11:29:38 AM »

Also, post a pic of the fixture. I bet we can identify it or get close.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 11:29:38 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.