ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QL/Cl and dante input/output patches with scene recalls on the console  (Read 2532 times)

Miguel Dahl

First, I feel I must apologise for creating a lot of new threads lately.

I understand that dante patching does not follow scenes, they are excluded. So, one can create an input patch and save it, then recall it. This is for inputs.

I'm trying to understand this. Might be something I've missed from the manuals, I feel they say what you can do, but not why you can't do "something".

In the editor you can change dante output patch for each scene, and it will follow on recall. In the editor. When hooking all HW up, loading the file from editor, recalling scenes, this does not work at all.

Today I was in a setting where I wanted to change the dante routing for some AUXes from the desk between two scenes. I saved to different presets in dante controller and loaded them. Is this the most practical/only way to do this?

Two guests, one used 10 first outputs for ears. Second one had three wedge mixes. I wanted him to also work on MIX 1 to 3, but his three mixes would be outputs 14-16 in the RIO.

Am I somewhat retarded, or do I have to load another DANTE preset through dante controller?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber

First, I feel I must apologise for creating a lot of new threads lately.

I understand that dante patching does not follow scenes, they are excluded. So, one can create an input patch and save it, then recall it. This is for inputs.

I'm trying to understand this. Might be something I've missed from the manuals, I feel they say what you can do, but not why you can't do "something".

In the editor you can change dante output patch for each scene, and it will follow on recall. In the editor. When hooking all HW up, loading the file from editor, recalling scenes, this does not work at all.

Today I was in a setting where I wanted to change the dante routing for some AUXes from the desk between two scenes. I saved to different presets in dante controller and loaded them. Is this the most practical/only way to do this?

Two guests, one used 10 first outputs for ears. Second one had three wedge mixes. I wanted him to also work on MIX 1 to 3, but his three mixes would be outputs 14-16 in the RIO.

Am I somewhat retarded, or do I have to load another DANTE preset through dante controller?

If Dante is feeding all the wedges and IEMs just patch the Dante output channels in Dante Controller to all the amps and IEMs and just change the console output patch in the scenes. For example mix 1 goes to Wedge 1 on Dante out 1, and goes to IEM 1 on Dante out 11. In your scenes patch mix 1 to Dante 1 for Wedges, and to Dante 11 for IEMs,

Dan't change the Dante patch, change the console patch which does follow scenes.

Mac

Miguel Dahl

If Dante is feeding all the wedges and IEMs just patch the Dante output channels in Dante Controller to all the amps and IEMs and just change the console output patch in the scenes. For example mix 1 goes to Wedge 1 on Dante out 1, and goes to IEM 1 on Dante out 11. In your scenes patch mix 1 to Dante 1 for Wedges, and to Dante 11 for IEMs,

Dan't change the Dante patch, change the console patch which does follow scenes.

Mac

Jeez. That simplifies a lot. Thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.