ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Rack w/X Edit on PC  (Read 9665 times)

Jim McKeveny

X32 Rack w/X Edit on PC
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:18:12 AM »

How to sync? I'm not using a router, just copper. No success.

Thanks!

John L Nobile

Re: X32 Rack w/X Edit on PC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 10:45:18 AM »

Never tried directly connecting a PC to an X32. You'd have to change your network adapter IP to a static address that's on the same network as the X32.
If you don't know how to do that, Google "connect x32 to laptop"

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 10:58:24 AM »

How to sync? I'm not using a router, just copper. No success.

Thanks!

As mentioned the x32 and pc need to have ip addresses in the same network range (such as 192.168.1.5 for the x32 and 192.168.1.10 for the PC. Then each would have the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.   Then for the physical connection it *may* be necessary to use a crossover LAN cable between the two units.   Try a standard cable then try a crossover.

From the PC you should be able to ping the pc's address (in command prompt type PING 192.168.1.10).  If you dont get a reply then there is something wrong with the PC address.

Once you get replies from the PC address, ping the x32 (in command prompt type PING 192.168.1.5).  If you don't get a reply, confirm the address and subnet mask is what you want on the x32.  Then try the other type of cable.

--Kevin

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:16:48 PM »

Crossover cable is also called twisted pair, just fyi if you can't find what you want easy enough.

John L Nobile

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 04:19:21 PM »

As mentioned the x32 and pc need to have ip addresses in the same network range (such as 192.168.1.5 for the x32 and 192.168.1.10 for the PC. Then each would have the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.   Then for the physical connection it *may* be necessary to use a crossover LAN cable between the two units.   Try a standard cable then try a crossover.

From the PC you should be able to ping the pc's address (in command prompt type PING 192.168.1.10).  If you dont get a reply then there is something wrong with the PC address.

Once you get replies from the PC address, ping the x32 (in command prompt type PING 192.168.1.5).  If you don't get a reply, confirm the address and subnet mask is what you want on the x32.  Then try the other type of cable.

--Kevin

Those numbers that Kevin mentioned will work. But you should also set the gateway on both units to 192.168.1.1

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 05:35:33 PM »

Crossover cable is also called twisted pair, just fyi if you can't find what you want easy enough.

Twisted pair is a type of wire.  Crossover cable is a wiring configuration.  They have nothing to do with one another.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:10:34 PM »

Twisted pair is a type of wire.  Crossover cable is a wiring configuration.  They have nothing to do with one another.
What, then I've learnt something new. I thought twisted pair was that they were configured so two computers could speak to eachother, that's at least how we did two comps lan without a router or switch back in the days.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:15 PM »

What, then I've learnt something new. I thought twisted pair was that they were configured so two computers could speak to eachother, that's at least how we did two comps lan without a router or switch back in the days.

Twisted pair refers to the fact that each pair of conductors (orange stripe + orange, green stripe + green, blue stripe + blue, brown stripe + brown) are twisted together the entire run.

Twisted pair cable can be wired as standard / straight-through or crossover cables.  When you connected two computers together NIC to NIC, you needed to wire twisted pair in crossover configuration.

Modern switches are now smart enough to detect wiring configurations and adjust as necessary.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »

Twisted pair refers to the fact that each pair of conductors (orange stripe + orange, green stripe + green, blue stripe + blue, brown stripe + brown) are twisted together the entire run.

Twisted pair cable can be wired as standard / straight-through or crossover cables.  When you connected two computers together NIC to NIC, you needed to wire twisted pair in crossover configuration.

Modern switches are now smart enough to detect wiring configurations and adjust as necessary.

Dave

Perfect explanation. Sorry for my bad info. We just called it a TP-cable, to go from NIC to NIC.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:29:53 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 01:40:47 AM »

No crossover cable needed. Just hook a cable from the computer network port to the Ethernet port on the X32 rack. If you look at the setup screen in X32 Edit version 3.1 or higher you should see the computers IP address displayed on the connection tab towards the bottom right. Now navigate to the setup screen on the X32 rack and look for the network tab. Change the IP address on there to the same as your computer except for the last number if your computer is 192.168.0.7. Then set the X32 Racks IP address to static and set it to 192.168.0.105. I picked that last number at random. I am trying to do this from memory since I don’t have a mixer here. If you press the rotary encoder to the far left it changes from DHCP (when lit orange) to Static (when not lit orange). Be sure that the subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0 and that the gateway is set to 0.0.0.0 and press the far right rotary encoder to assign the changes to the X32 Rack. Now you should be able to find the X32 rack from the X32 software and connect. This should be the way to do what you are trying to do.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 03:45:02 AM »

No crossover cable needed.

This, most modern networking gear will automatically detect whether the crossover is needed and perform it itself.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »

Success! Thank you all.

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:32:50 PM »

Those numbers that Kevin mentioned will work. But you should also set the gateway on both units to 192.168.1.1
If anybody comes here in the future, do not set the gateway like this, leave it blank on both devices.
This will be important if you have a wifi connection on your computer as well as the cable to your x32.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:32:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.