ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing Videos Online with Copywritten Music  (Read 2486 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Sharing Videos Online with Copywritten Music
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:33 PM »

So this has been bugging me quite a bit lately...

Does anyone have a solution that works in 2018 for sharing a video file via the internet, privately, to friends only, that contains music playing in the background?  Up until now I've never had a problem doing this, yet this past month every platform I've tried (Facebook, Youtube, Vimeo, even sharing the file itself on Mediafire) has flagged the file as containing copywritten audio and either muted it or deleted it.  The file is too large to email.  I'm not broadcasting this to the world - only sharing among friends for personal enjoyment - not for business or moneymaking ventures.  I completely respect the rights of the content owners, but is it just me or have things gotten a bit extreme?  Any advice would be much appreciated!   

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Sharing Videos Online with Copywritten Music
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »

Dropbox?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:02:43 PM »

Post it on your own personal website and share the download link.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »

Does anyone have a solution that works in 2018 for sharing a video file via the internet, privately, to friends only, that contains music playing in the background?  Up until now I've never had a problem doing this, yet this past month every platform I've tried (Facebook, Youtube, Vimeo, even sharing the file itself on Mediafire) has flagged the file as containing copywritten audio and either muted it or deleted it.  The file is too large to email.  I'm not broadcasting this to the world - only sharing among friends for personal enjoyment - not for business or moneymaking ventures.  I completely respect the rights of the content owners, but is it just me or have things gotten a bit extreme?  Any advice would be much appreciated!

I have noticed this too.  I think I am going to try Mediadrop (it's on GitHub).  Setup an Amazon AWS cloud instance or my favorite digital ocean (these are providers that rent you a virtual computer, you have full control over the software on it.  The virtual machine lives in the cloud.  Plans start at $3 a month)  and go to town. 

Mediadrop looks dead simple and you can stream and share with your friends to your hearts delight.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:11:38 PM »

Post it on your own personal website and share the download link.

That's what it's about to come to.  I haven't tried dropbox yet - I haven't used that site since my college days!

I have noticed this too.  I think I am going to try Mediadrop (it's on GitHub).  Setup an Amazon AWS cloud instance or my favorite digital ocean (these are providers that rent you a virtual computer, you have full control over the software on it.  The virtual machine lives in the cloud.  Plans start at $3 a month)  and go to town. 

Mediadrop looks dead simple and you can stream and share with your friends to your hearts delight.

Glad I'm not alone.  For those of us that work in this industry I can only imagine the struggle this can become, especially since we'd then technically be using the media for financial gain...  I'll take a look at Mediadrop.  I was just hoping for a simple solution that didn't involve coding or modifying my website!

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 07:41:47 PM »

That's what it's about to come to.  I haven't tried dropbox yet - I haven't used that site since my college days!

Glad I'm not alone.  For those of us that work in this industry I can only imagine the struggle this can become, especially since we'd then technically be using the media for financial gain...  I'll take a look at Mediadrop.  I was just hoping for a simple solution that didn't involve coding or modifying my website!

Mediadrop doesn't require any coding.  You just have to configure a few files and create a DB.  PM me if you buy an AWS instance I could set it up for you remotely.

The problem with Dropbox is it's not media friendly, you have to download the whole file before it starts playing.

With a streaming server the player is integrated and it work just like you tube with play/pause and a progress bar at the bottom.  A server is also responsive, meaning it will send the appropriate stream no matter what the device, mobile, PC, tablet or TV.

Here is the website https://mediadrop.video/

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

DavidTurner

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 07:43:43 PM »

BTW - That’s Copyrighted as in you have obtained the rights to copy the song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 01:11:32 PM »

If you really want to share the file with friends and not just make the video viewable to your friends, you can use WeTransfer.com for files up to 2 GB and 20 GB for the paid version WeTransfer Plus.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »

Mediadrop doesn't require any coding.  You just have to configure a few files and create a DB.  PM me if you buy an AWS instance I could set it up for you remotely.

The problem with Dropbox is it's not media friendly, you have to download the whole file before it starts playing.

With a streaming server the player is integrated and it work just like you tube with play/pause and a progress bar at the bottom.  A server is also responsive, meaning it will send the appropriate stream no matter what the device, mobile, PC, tablet or TV.

Here is the website https://mediadrop.video/

Thanks Scott.  I actually studied up on Youtube and got it working.  Apparently there is more than one way to comply with copyright requirements (such as letting the copyright owners monetize your video).  I'm obviously not much of a social media user!  Thanks again for the help!

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 02:33:25 AM »

Thanks Scott.  I actually studied up on Youtube and got it working.  Apparently there is more than one way to comply with copyright requirements (such as letting the copyright owners monetize your video).  I'm obviously not much of a social media user!  Thanks again for the help!
That is so cool.  Congrats Jeff

I love the power of Linux

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 02:33:25 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.