ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered 15in Sub  (Read 3187 times)

kendallhadden

• Kindred Spirit Ministry
Powered 15in Sub
« on: July 17, 2018, 01:14:52 AM »

I知 looking at picking up a couple of 15in powered subs to go with my DXR10 mains. I was thinking about the new DXS15mkii but I知 not set on those. I致e also considered the RCF705mkii. I知 looking for recommendations and input. Thanks in advance.

Geert Friedhof

Re: Powered 15in Sub
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 05:27:16 AM »

I would just go with the rcf offering, because it is frontloaded i.o. Bandpass. I think it will couple better with a 10". But maybe you should listen to them first.

Haven't heard the yamaha, but bandpass usually means one note wonder.

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:25 AM »

I知 looking at picking up a couple of 15in powered subs to go with my DXR10 mains. I was thinking about the new DXS15mkii but I知 not set on those. I致e also considered the RCF705mkii. I知 looking for recommendations and input. Thanks in advance.
JFYI, Pro Audio Star is currently closing out the older model DXS15 for $480.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/yamaha-dxs-15.html

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »

I would just go with the rcf offering, because it is frontloaded i.o. Bandpass. I think it will couple better with a 10". But maybe you should listen to them first.

Haven't heard the yamaha, but bandpass usually means one note wonder.
I have a DXS12 and it's not a one note wonder.  It's a 6th order design with two differently tuned cavities.  I suspect the Q is not terribly high either.  I've not measured it but I can definitely follow pitch on the bass though it, which is hard to do with the high Q one note wonders.

kel mcguire

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 05:59:26 PM »

I have a DXS12 and it's not a one note wonder.  It's a 6th order design with two differently tuned cavities.  I suspect the Q is not terribly high either.  I've not measured it but I can definitely follow pitch on the bass though it, which is hard to do with the high Q one note wonders.

The Yamaha DXS subs are pretty nice. The deals on the first gen DXS are hard to pass up right now if you need something to put under DXR10. I love my little K10.2 over DXS12 rig.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »

I just did a Road Test on the DXS15 mkII subwoofer. It痴 a nice musical box that plays loud and weighs in at only 79 pounds.  There is an optional wheel kit that would make it easy to roll around. Nice comfy steel handles on each side allows for one person to lug it around or position it. Cardioid switch facilitates  easy directional setups with 2-3 boxes.

The website says that the mkII boxes weigh a little less and go a little louder than the previous versions but if you can find some older NOS cabs, I would probably jump on the older boxes if the price was right. 

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:14:27 AM »

MF Today's deal:
Peavey sub

I haven't heard this sub but Peavey products are often underated and this is a great price.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 09:26:58 AM »

Just looked at the Peavey a bit closer and the reviews are stellar! It even has built in wheels and variable position HP outputs.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »

Just looked at the Peavey a bit closer and the reviews are stellar! It even has built in wheels and variable position HP outputs.

Don't let you GAS take advantage off you! I've be doing better with purchases the last year :)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »

Don't let you GAS take advantage off you! I've be doing better with purchases the last year :)

LOL... no - not on this occasion Brandon. I used to have  PRX715xlf - which was a fantastic 15" sub - but hardly used it so I sold it on.....not getting another one unless I can find regular use for it.
I am getting better with my GAS I think probably because I have run out of room in my house for any more. I am pleased to hear you are too - It's just so hard sometimes.....

ProSoundWeb Community

ツォ Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 11:52:52 AM ツサ

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.