Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

D.I. Box locker- what should I have for live bands?

(1/10) > >>

Dustin Campbell:
Been shopping for di’s and kinda need to build up my arsenal - mostly just do bands - but would like to be ready for anything - looking at the radial stuff, I know it’s good just a little steep for me any thoughts ideas welcomed-Brand suggestions, best uses, brands to avoid and common mistakes with DI's- Thank You-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Garoutte:
You'll need to cover one or two Keys,  Acoustic guitars, Bass when the amp's onboard DI sucks (often), various electronic devices.

Radial ProD2 - works with stereo keys or as two separate 1/4" inputs.
Radial Stagebug - small, inexpensive (relatively) comes with 1/8 trs input cable for phone or computer.
Countryman type 85 - All around active DI for guitar and bass.

More options:
Radial Pro AV2 - 1/4 , 1/8, RCA inputs
Radial PZ-DI - for acoustic pickups needing hi Z ; (piezo)
Radial JDI - nice passive tone

Steve Eudaly:
I'll second every suggestion Dave made and also recommend checking out the Klark Teknik DN100 and DN200 (stereo version). We picked up a few because of the price and they've been pretty great. The XLR input has actually come in handy more than I figured it would.

If you're close with any Music Group dealers near you, you should be able to pick them up for even less than what they sell for online.

Tim McCulloch:
What's your budget, for how many?

I personally own 6 or 8 Radial J48, 6 Countryman 85, a couple of the Radial Stagebug 3.5mm to XLR boxes, and Radial AV1 (mono summing) and Whirlwind PCDIs.

I've been impressed with the EWI LDB-101 and LDB-202, too.

http://www.audiopile.net/di-boxes

Who has to be happy with your choices, i.e. are you trying meet riders or are you looking for good value over brand name?

Dustin Campbell:

--- Quote from: Steven Eudaly on July 13, 2018, 08:40:38 PM ---I'll second every suggestion Dave made and also recommend checking out the Klark Teknik DN100 and DN200 (stereo version). We picked up a few because of the price and they've been pretty great. The XLR input has actually come in handy more than I figured it would.

If you're close with any Music Group dealers near you, you should be able to pick them up for even less than what they sell for online.

--- End quote ---
How do I hook up with a music group dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version