ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF EVOX 8  (Read 7802 times)

Daniel Nickleski

RCF EVOX 8
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »

We have been tossing around the idea of picking up some the the RCF EVOX 8 systems to replace QSX K8 and K subs in smaller corporate job situations. Anyone have any experience with the EVOX line? Good or bad? Thanks in advance!

Dave Batistig

Re: RCF EVOX 8
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 11:36:02 AM »

We have been tossing around the idea of picking up some the the RCF EVOX 8 systems to replace QSX K8 and K subs in smaller corporate job situations. Anyone have any experience with the EVOX line? Good or bad? Thanks in advance!

I don't have personal experience but I have seen a couple systems in use by a solo acoustic acts and it sounds very very good.

Gary Greyhosky

• Carlisle, PA
    • Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »

I'm an RCF dealer and had a set on demo for a bit. Used them as side fills on a small jazz stage and they were very impressive. Fidelity was top notch and they have a surprising amount of output for such a small system.
Gary Greyhosky
Managing Partner
Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC

Steve Crump

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »

I have had a pair for a couple years. They're great. I always get compliments when I use them. I haven't really "pushed" them. I use them for small events, acoustic shows, small weddings, so, I really can't speak to using them for a rocking four pc band with 300 people outdoors. I used them once with a 5 pc band at a small outdoor wedding with maybe 100 in attendance, the groom who's house was about a 80 yards away said when he was at his house changing he was hearing the band with great clarity.

I don't have any experience with the QSC powered stuff, so I can't make a fair comparison. I would be very comfortable in a venue in support of a good band (depending on genre), with 150, maybe 200 people in attendance using this system. They outperform any 12" passive speaker I have on hand.

I have read about people doing more with them, but I like being prepared and having some headroom. I saw some pictures online with a band using them outdoors on a stage. I will try to attach. There was no review with these pictures on the site, I think the pictures were supposed to stand as the review.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:04:16 PM by Steve Crump »

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:00:14 PM »

We have used them where and when appropriate and they are, indeed, impressive. For bg music at dinner parties or cocktail hour they virtually disappear, and for smaller live performances they work great. They do sound very good, and get impressively loud. I don't think the sub would hold up to a K-Sub in terms of going down low, but I've never A/B'd them so I can't be sure.
I've also used the Turbosound iP2000 and they were less impressive than the RCF's. Something weird going on with the mids and a little less portable and less robust. If I were buying something like this, I wouldn't think twice about buying the Evox-8, it's a no brainer. They are well built, their portability packaging is well designed, and they sound great. You won't be disappointed.

Daniel Nickleski

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »

Appreciate the responses so far. We have the RCF Rep bringing a system by early next week to give it a try!

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 09:39:07 PM »

Anyone have any experience with the EVOX line?

I started with a pair of the EVOX 8s, and sold them to purchase a pair of EVOX 12s with the RCF covers.  They are a huge hit with corporate and wedding planners because they do just disappear.  They sound terrific and throw surprisingly well -- I use them for a small outdoor weekly concert series and the sound is clear and clean a block away.  I transport them stacked on a single casterboard with the tops laid side by side, but the built-in handle and rear wheels also come in handy.  They fit nicely into the rear seat of a small sedan.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 03:25:29 AM »

I've ditched my QSC K12 and K-Subs over a year ago for the Evox 8 system.  They are so much cleaner and true than the K system.  Difference is night and day.  None of that midrange-plastic resonance the K12s produce to get rid of.  Faster deployment and strike, too.
Can't say about the newer lower price EVOX plastic cabinet versions - but the originals are amazing and disappear like magic..

On the 8s, the trolly&cover is a bit of a bust.  Their trolly is $90, and has little difference from the $20 Amazon carts.   The speakers slip into the covers bottom first and zip around the top. There are two loose wide"straps" that "attach" the cart to the cover. Neither the RCF cart nor the amazon cart fully cover the bottom, and the straps are too loose, so lateral stability and rocking it back is ideal.  They do supply some bungees, but IMO, that makes it worse.
Kirby's caster board with some slip-over-the-top covers with a pocket for the poles would seem to be a better mousetrap.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:49:15 PM by frank kayser »

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 04:45:13 AM »

Food for thought.

FBT CS1000 vs EV Evolve 50 vs RCF EVOX 8 v2

Disclaimer: I do not have experience with any of these.

-Dennis

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »

Food for thought.

FBT CS1000 vs EV Evolve 50 vs RCF EVOX 8 v2

Disclaimer: I do not have experience with any of these.

-Dennis
Very interesting, indeed. 

Mike Mottsey

• aikenproaudio
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 06:30:14 PM »

I'm an RCF dealer and had a set on demo for a bit. Used them as side fills on a small jazz stage and they were very impressive. Fidelity was top notch and they have a surprising amount of output for such a small system.

Have you tried the newer J8 system yet?

Daniel Nickleski

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 05:31:53 PM »

My rep is bringing in the new J8 as well this week. According to him it doesn't sound as good as the 8. Not as refined as he put it. At about half the price wouldn't expect it to be.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 03:43:54 AM »

I'm an RCF dealer, as well. The J8 sounds fine and is an pretty great deal at $999 MAP. The wood version is just fantastic. I prefer the EVOX 8 to the EVOX 12 or 5.

Next bump up the product line would be the RCF NXL-24 with subs, but that's a huge step up in cost.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:46:06 AM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 03:43:54 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 24 queries.