ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Gear Survey: What Amps Are You Using (Really)?  (Read 8546 times)

Rory Buszka

• Gearmonger
Gear Survey: What Amps Are You Using (Really)?
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »

Here's a fun idea: Gear Survey. The idea is simple - Post what you have, follow up with thoughts if you want to. The goal is participation.

I thought I'd start with power amps, since there are plenty of passive loudspeakers still in use, and they all need amplification. There's amps you can buy at Parts Express, Banjo Center, Musician's Friend, Sweetie-pie, and the like, and then there's amps you need to know a dealer in order to get -- for instance, I used to hear a lot about Camco (not as much anymore) and I don't think you can buy Powersoft at any of the above outlets, either.

The downside to this idea is that I really ought to go first. I'll betray my newb/"semi-non-pro" (bottom feeder, trunk slammer, hobbyist, local boob, call it what you want) status by saying I have a couple Behringer NU1000DSPs and an EPQ450. Well, at least it's something (in that it's slightly more than nothing). Reliability in the iNukes was questionable early on, but they haven't broken on me yet (for the few tiny gigs I have done with my "big toy stereo" - mostly favors, a couple outdoor parties and one girl-with-guitar, plus plenty of futzing around), and the iNuke DSP interface is dynamite, dead-simple for the basic configurations you'd want to do in processing, though it's not networkable and there aren't any 'frills'. As long as these hold on, these will probably be the last things I upgrade, though for subs I'm thinking of moving to a NU3000DSP for my two Community VBS112, and probably a second one for my RH TRX81/9 mains. (It's not called the Tiny PA for nothing.) Crest Pro-Lite is also on the menu...

Any takers?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:51:13 PM by Rory Buszka »
Friends don't let friends mix a band from the stage.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Gear Survey: What Amps Are You Using (Really)?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »

I thought I'd start with power amps, since there are plenty of passive loudspeakers still in use, and they all need amplification.

QSC RMX for subs, QSC HPR tops.  10 years and counting have never missed a beat.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:05:42 PM »

Here's a fun idea: Gear Survey. The idea is simple - Post what you have, follow up with thoughts if you want to. The goal is participation.

I thought I'd start with power amps, since there are plenty of passive loudspeakers still in use, and they all need amplification. There's amps you can buy at Parts Express, Banjo Center, Musician's Friend, Sweetie-pie, and the like, and then there's amps you need to know a dealer in order to get -- for instance, I used to hear a lot about Camco (not as much anymore) and I don't think you can buy Powersoft at any of the above outlets, either.

The downside to this idea is that I really ought to go first. I'll betray my newb/"semi-non-pro" (bottom feeder, trunk slammer, hobbyist, local boob, call it what you want) status by saying I have a couple Behringer NU1000DSPs and an EPQ450. Well, at least it's something (in that it's slightly more than nothing). Reliability in the iNukes was questionable early on, but they haven't broken on me yet (for the few tiny gigs I have done with my "big toy stereo" - mostly favors, a couple outdoor parties and one girl-with-guitar, plus plenty of futzing around), and the iNuke DSP interface is dynamite, dead-simple for the basic configurations you'd want to do in processing, though it's not networkable and there aren't any 'frills'. As long as these hold on, these will probably be the last things I upgrade, though for subs I'm thinking of moving to a NU3000DSP for my two Community VBS112, and probably a second one for my RH TRX81/9 mains. (It's not called the Tiny PA for nothing.) Crest Pro-Lite is also on the menu...

Any takers?

The Peavey IPR2/Crest Pro-Lite work well.  I use them in 8 ohm mode driving 1 driver per channel of our STX-828S subs.  I have 6 of them.

We still have 8 Behringer EP-4000 in mono-bridge each powering a B&C loaded 18" sub.

We have 12 Yamaha P3500S running bridge one per Meyer 650R2 dual 18 subs.

Crown Xti4002s on monitors

QSC - (4) PL340, (2) PL380 (4) PL236 running various subs and tops

The rest of our inventory is powered.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:55:38 AM by Scott Holtzman »
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 09:30:59 PM »

Any takers?

Turbosound-branded, by MC2 (T15, T25, T45 for FOH) and Linea Research (Rack DP50 for primary monitor rack).  Plus, a few Crest Pro-Lites in a secondary monitor rack.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:38:22 PM by Dave Pluke »
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Martin Shifflett

• Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    • Sound Impression
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »

Danley LAB subs: Peavey cs4080HZ

BFM DR300 array cabinets: QSC PL340 on mids, QSC cx404 on compression drivers

BFM Omni array cabinets: QSC cx404 on mids and compression drivers

12” wedges: QSC cx404 on mids and compression drivers

15” drummer sub: QSC PL340

All cabinets loaded with Eminence drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 09:40:38 PM »

Any takers?

QSC PL380's on subs
QSC PL 340 on tops
QSC PLX3602 on monitors

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »

QSC Series 3 from the 1980's.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 10:25:04 PM »

All QSC.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 10:38:16 PM »

Everything's active except the subs.  Those have a Crest Pro9200.  I carry a QSC PLX3204 and a BSS Minidrive DSP in a rack as a backup.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 11:44:04 PM »

Crown I-Tech HD 12k, Crown XTI 6002, and we still have some Crown CE4000s running around.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 11:44:04 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.