ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Mesa Eq network issue  (Read 1495 times)

Kyle Gerhart

Lake Mesa Eq network issue
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »

So I've recently acquired a few older lake products that came out of an install. I received a pair of Lake contours and 1 Lake Mesa eq. I've downloaded version 5.8 of the lake software and I have done hardware resets on all the units, including the reseting of the Ip addresses.

The contours are working perfectly fine. The Mesa eq doesn't want to connect to the network and show up as a module.

Anyone have any ideas? I am currently plugging directly into the units, not using wireless.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: Lake Mesa Eq network issue
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »

Anyone have any ideas? I am currently plugging directly into the units, not using wireless.

Just the typical network troubleshooting stuff:  Are you plugged into a PC port or the Uplink?  Are there any status lights on the MESA ethernet port that would indicate an active link?

You might try inserting a switch (or the LAN side of a router) between your computer and the MESA to rule out any Crossover or Speed/Duplex issues.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

So I've recently acquired a few older lake products that came out of an install. I received a pair of Lake contours and 1 Lake Mesa eq. I've downloaded version 5.8 of the lake software and I have done hardware resets on all the units, including the reseting of the Ip addresses.

The contours are working perfectly fine. The Mesa eq doesn't want to connect to the network and show up as a module.

Very simple network switch under the hood that connects all the various ports.. WE sometimes find that the power for the switch comes out or fails all together.

Kyle Gerhart

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:10:25 AM »

Dave,
I've put a switch between the PC and the unit directly. I have also linked all of the units together through the switch. I've also linked all the units through their respective PC and Uplink ports. 

Durring all of the testing, one of the Contours is working flawlessly. The other contour and Mesa EQ are not showing up in the modules page. The Ethernet indicator lights are on for all the units. So visually everything looks good, but only one of the three units is working.

Just the typical network troubleshooting stuff:  Are you plugged into a PC port or the Uplink?  Are there any status lights on the MESA ethernet port that would indicate an active link?

You might try inserting a switch (or the LAN side of a router) between your computer and the MESA to rule out any Crossover or Speed/Duplex issues.

Dave

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »

So visually everything looks good, but only one of the three units is working.

Kyle - sorry for the delay.  Busy times!

Have you tried a factory reset on the non-cooperating units?

Quote from: Lake Manual
5.2.4 Factory Reset
Clears all data in the Contour Processor and returns it to the default factory state. This
function can also be performed by holding down the Channel 1 and Channel 4 Mute
buttons on the Contour processor while turning the unit on.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.