Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

LiveU LU60 Broadcast Video Transmitter -- Testing and Questions

(1/2) > >>

Max Carter:
I recently came into possession of a LiveU LU60. Has anyone ever worked with one of these? From what I have read so far, it seems like they have a bad rap?

I have an engineering background and have some decent video knowledge. (Or at least I thought!) I have been trying to test out the unit and confirm that everything works. It is saying that I can't record anything until a camera is connected. I saw the SDI port and figured it stood for Standard Definition something. I connected composite video to it and that didn't work. I have since figured out SDI stands for Serial Digital Interface. (No wonder it didn't work!) Hopefully, this didn't damage anything. If it did, it really isn't a huge deal because it is just a black magic PCI card.(easy fix) The other option is to use the DV port.

Is there a cheap camera anyone can recommend to test this. I don't have anything that outputs DV or SDI. Is my best bet to just buy an HDMI to SDI adapter?

From the manual it looks like there is an accompanying server(LU-1000) that this unit connects to. Can video not be transmitted remotely without this? Is there a work-around so I don't need to have this server?

Are these still being used today? Looks like it first came out around 2012.

Rob Spence:
What are you trying to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Max Carter:
Basically I just want to test everything out and confirm it is working. There really isn't too much information about it online other than the manuals I have found. Maybe talk to someone that has used one of these before and hear their thoughts?

It is a neat little unit and if it still has some value I'd sell it. Otherwise I could probably come up with a cool project to use it in.

Henry Cohen:
This is an internet transport based product requiring the field unit transmitting the video with audio (which you have), a LiveU account and the studio side decoder. The field unit sends the data stream via cellular/GSM/LTE, WiFi or LAN over the internet to the LiveU servers, which in turn reflect your stream to your studio's decoder unit.

I don't believe this unit has onboard recording.

Max Carter:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on July 07, 2018, 10:24:37 AM ---This is an internet transport based product requiring the field unit transmitting the video with audio (which you have), a LiveU account and the studio side decoder. The field unit sends the data stream via cellular/GSM/LTE, WiFi or LAN over the internet to the LiveU servers, which in turn reflect your stream to your studio's decoder unit.

I don't believe this unit has onboard recording.

--- End quote ---

So even if I had the server I would still need to have an account? I think the unit can do onboard recording. It has a "store and forward" option that I think will work. I just haven't confirmed it yet because I don't have a proper video source.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version