ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade danley sm80  (Read 23347 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Upgrade danley sm80
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »

You say you are using Powersoft amps. So was I until a year ago. What are your limiter settings? With the limiter settings I was using on my Powersoft amps (K6/10 and X) I was limiting them way too soon, as I found out when I switched to Linea Research/Danley amps with official presets. I’ve gained probably at least 6 dB on the SM80!
We do have Armonia presets for most of the Danley products if needed.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 10:47:37 PM »

I’ve been following this thread with interest, and while I don’t have any first hand suggestions to share besides what’s already been mentioned you could add the RCF TTL6-A to the list.  I’ve never heard the box in person so I can’t say how it’d hold up to the SM80 or others but it’s technically pole mountable.

As an aside, why do the TW Audio products not come up more often here?  Are they simply not what most people need, or are they just not as common in the United States?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »

As an aside, why do the TW Audio products not come up more often here?  Are they simply not what most people need, or are they just not as common in the United States?

Very little market visibility in the USA coupled with premium prices?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 12:39:53 PM »

Very little market visibility in the USA coupled with premium prices?

I spent 10 mins on Google yesterday trying to find a US dealer yesterday and came up empty.  If I can't find  dealer I'd be very concerned about trying to geta warranty repair later.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »

I spent 10 mins on Google yesterday trying to find a US dealer yesterday and came up empty.  If I can't find  dealer I'd be very concerned about trying to geta warranty repair later.
There are dealers, like us, just not advertised.  The T24N is great, think d&b level pricing though rather than JBL/JTR/SM80 level prices.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Steve Crump

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 01:39:48 PM »

So, does anyone know what the street price of the T24N is?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 04:12:43 PM »

So, does anyone know what the street price of the T24N is?

I will PM you. If anyone else is interested in TW, feel free to contact me.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 04:26:15 PM »

I’ve been following this thread with interest, and while I don’t have any first hand suggestions to share besides what’s already been mentioned you could add the RCF TTL6-A to the list.  I’ve never heard the box in person so I can’t say how it’d hold up to the SM80 or others but it’s technically pole mountable.

The RCF TTL6-A is definitely a great option! I haven't heard it yet in person myself (planning to next Friday, 7/16).  I have a VERY happy customer using them though.  He has purchased a second pair for a total of four.

Jeff

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »

The RCF TTL6-A is definitely a great option! I haven't heard it yet in person myself (planning to next Friday, 7/16).  I have a VERY happy customer using them though.  He has purchased a second pair for a total of four.

Jeff

Just heard the ttl6a last week. Very impressive speaker.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »

We do have Armonia presets for most of the Danley products if needed.

Hi Ivan, two quick questions....

Do you have Armonia specific, or other DSP specific,  presets  .... 
that differ from the platform/DSP-independent presets, that have been on your website?

And are all those platform-independent presets the same as what are in the SC-48?
(I ask because for all your speakers that I've checked they seem to be the same, and I don't want to assume they are the same, if not so)

thx,  mark

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.