ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the best way to measure/test/calibrate speech output in my audio lab  (Read 4304 times)

Eric Laron

Hello everyone,

I want to test/measure/calibrate speech output coming from computer files. which are then played back through home studio foster near field speakers.

I am looking for an efficient way to calibrate and measure the output in my studio.

1. What would a set up look like?

2. How should I measure Spl,  dba, dbc, fast slow?

3. Is it a good idea to test with pink noise instead of my speech audio files? How would I go about it?

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you so much!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Before you will get answers you will need to go back to your profile and change the "Display Name" field to your real first and last names, a requirement that was shown THREE times during your registration and posting.  Do that now and avoid having your topic locked by the moderators.

Next, your topic probably belongs in the Basement forum as it's off topic to live audio.  Expect to see it moved once you fix your name issue.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.