ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LM44 issue...  (Read 1770 times)

Al Rettich

LM44 issue...
« on: June 22, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »

Got a LM44 being fed Dante from my console. I have both AES and analogue outputs available to local sound vendors each day. Today my analogue outputs didn't want to work. Check all my settings, everything is where it's suppose to be. All i'm getting out of the outputs is a big ol'buzz.. Anyone else ever had this issue? HMU...

Mark Wilkinson

Re: LM44 issue...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:25:02 PM »

I don't have Lake, but on combining other gear that has switchable analog/AES inputs, and switchable analog/AES outputs......
if I mess up and route an AES output channel into an analog I/O channel, I get that buzzing.....
IOW, the sound of a digital stream being amplified...

Just spit balling for you, based on what you heard.....

Aisle 6

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »

You can only really do some simple testing at this point and then decide on a course of action.

Unplug the unit, rest the unit and test single outputs at a time. If analog is still playing up, then you need to get it serviced.
If the analog no longer plays up, then start rebuilding your patch until it either plays up again, or you get to the end goal without any further issues.
Good luck.

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:27:19 AM »

Got a LM44 being fed Dante from my console. I have both AES and analogue outputs available to local sound vendors each day. Today my analogue outputs didn't want to work. Check all my settings, everything is where it's suppose to be. All i'm getting out of the outputs is a big ol'buzz.. Anyone else ever had this issue? HMU...

When I read this it feels like you are saying that you have a setup, you run it everyday (the same) and that all of a sudden your analogues stopped working and were buzzing. If that is correct then I can relate.... to a degree. Analog output 3 on one of our LM44's started to output a low pitched and constant rapid click. The other outputs worked fine. This symptom persisted regardless of  input. I troubleshot for a little bit to no avail and then sent it in for repair. That fixed it.
Like us on facebook at Soundworks of VA, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:27:19 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.