ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headset mic/IEM solution  (Read 2039 times)

Dan Currie

Headset mic/IEM solution
« on: June 22, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »

I'm doing monitors on a corporate where having comm in my iem's would make things a lot easier.  I already have molds, just need to find the proper interface for rts and a headset mic.  DirectionsMedia makes The Commander but John is a one man operation and is busy doing gigs.  They are one of his side projects.  Any other options out there?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Headset mic/IEM solution
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »

I'm doing monitors on a corporate where having comm in my iem's would make things a lot easier.  I already have molds, just need to find the proper interface for rts and a headset mic.  DirectionsMedia makes The Commander but John is a one man operation and is busy doing gigs.  They are one of his side projects.  Any other options out there?

A comm beltpack is a simple 4W interface. You can wire up the output to go into your console so you can monitor it, and wire a mic back into the pack. If all you want is listen, you can build an audio only box from plans at Pete Erskine's Best Audio page. You do have to register, but Pete only uses that to keep spammers away.

Mac

Brad Harris

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »

I've had varying success (mostly success) with breaking out the headset XLR out of various wired belt pack to XYZ devices for monitoring comm while on IEM ... (I usually have issues on the talk side)

Brad

Dan Currie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 05:15:29 AM »

Thanks guys.  I'll dry the signal and put it in a desk channel.  Surprised there aren't a few options on the talk side.

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »

Thanks guys.  I'll dry the signal and put it in a desk channel.  Surprised there aren't a few options on the talk side.

Do the same thing with the talkback.. Think of monitor world as its own 4 wire channel.. 4 wire out of the com to the console, then make a mix that is 4 wire from the console to the comm system.. You could even make a separate talkback for it.. One that is talkback to ears, and one that is talkback to com.

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 04:29:03 PM »

Or buy a couple of AudioMan iso boxes.

https://www.audiomanproducts.com/
AudioMan
A comm beltpack is a simple 4W interface. You can wire up the output to go into your console so you can monitor it, and wire a mic back into the pack. If all you want is listen, you can build an audio only box from plans at Pete Erskine's Best Audio page. You do have to register, but Pete only uses that to keep spammers away.

Mac

Diogo

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Jim Roach

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 02:44:25 AM »

Or buy a couple of AudioMan iso boxes.

https://www.audiomanproducts.com/
AudioMan
Diogo

I'm a monitor engineer and do this on every tour I'm on. I built a line dryer from one of Pete's schematics but, am currently using an AudioMan box provided by our vendor.

Dan Currie

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »

I dried the signal and Y'd it to have audio and production on separate console inputs.  It's too loud to be able to talk so I'm not worried about the comm mic on this one.  Comm is being fed to the my ears Cue B on the CL5 via matrix 7/8. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.