ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV ETX Counterfeits?  (Read 1832 times)

John Calhoun

• Right Hear Productions
EV ETX Counterfeits?
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:08:00 PM »

I bought a few EV ETX18sp subs a while back. I recently purchased two more, used. I never noticed until this weekend when I set them all up, that the two used ones say Made in Mexico. The two I bought from Sweetwater say Made in USA.

They all sound the same and look identical (other than where they were made).

My question is, does EV assemble their ETX speakers in various locations or are the used pair I bought not legit?

Thanks for any insight.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:10:42 PM by John Calhoun »
John

RIGHT HEAR PRODUCTIONS LLC
(small western KY sound provider)
(8 ) EV ETX18sp Subs
(4) EV ETX35p Speakers
(8 ) EV ETX12p Monitors
X32 and X32 Compact mixers
Shure, Sennheiser, and Audix mics

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: EV ETX Counterfeits?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »

Not counterfeit. There is a Bosch facility in Mexico where they are assembled. There is a thread on here about it.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=147979.10
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

John Calhoun

• Right Hear Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure. I ended up with some counterfeit Shure SM58s once. Just didn't want a repeat on a larger scale.

Not counterfeit. There is a Bosch facility in Mexico where they are assembled. There is a thread on here about it.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=147979.10

John

RIGHT HEAR PRODUCTIONS LLC
(small western KY sound provider)
(8 ) EV ETX18sp Subs
(4) EV ETX35p Speakers
(8 ) EV ETX12p Monitors
X32 and X32 Compact mixers
Shure, Sennheiser, and Audix mics

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 11:28:40 PM »

I ended up with some counterfeit Shure SM58s once.
S'why you always stick with established retailers. There are plenty of dealers for "everything" here on the forums; I can't see why anyone would buy from Sweetwater/FC/etc. :-)

With Shure, I always tell those questioning my authenticity to give them a call. I'll give them my dealer number. "Call Shure, give them this number, and they will confirm we are an authorised Shure reseller."

Any legitimate dealer should be willing to do the same thing for any brand they rep.

-Ray

[edit: Sweetware? wtf was that. haha.]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:35:28 PM by Ray Aberle »
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Steve Garris

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 12:57:06 AM »

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure. I ended up with some counterfeit Shure SM58s once. Just didn't want a repeat on a larger scale.

I researched those fake SM58's a few years ago. You could quickly tell simply by comparing them audibly to a real 58. The fakes sounded horrible, and I could quickly tell using a headphone with a Vox headphone bass amp. This was when I made local purchases from Craigslist. I think I purchased 3 good used 58's, but came across 1 fake.

David Allred

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »

S'why you always stick with established retailers. There are plenty of dealers for "everything" here on the forums; I can't see why anyone would buy from Sweetware/FC/etc. :-)

-Ray

I usually buy from FC.  I seem to get good discounts below MAP.  I have bought from Mike Pyle (most recently an MR18) and in the past various Yorkville products.  Pricing always great.  Audiopile is great for great off brand (but good quality) cases, snakes, etc.
The only reason I was even aware of them where from comments here.

It would be great if there was a searchable database of dealers on the forum.  Complete with star ratings and reviews by forum members.

Cool if I needed a few SM58's to bring up a list of on-forum dealers.  "Hey.  Ray sells those.  I wonder about his pricing and reliability.  Says here: 'Great price, as always.  Got it to me quick.  Even threw a couple of peppermint candies in the box.'  Hmm.  I'll send him a PM for a quote."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.