Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Hearing Loop Questions

(1/2) > >>

Adam Kane:
So...

Gotta venue that may want us to install a loop system. I've worked with them before during new construction (under flooring, replacing when flooring dude cuts through it, etc). This place is finished. It's on a slab with expensive marble flooring that they aren't about to rip up. Running anything around the base of the room isn't an option as they don't want to see it. Base trim doesn't look like it will come off without damaging it.

There is attic access above the room. My question is: has anyone ever run a loop conductor around the perimeter of the ceiling? This room has a vaulted ceiling that is about 10' at the outside walls and 16' or so at the peak.

Any ideas would be welcomed. I go to meet with them next week.

Gary Fitzpatrick:
What’s the length and width of the room? Those heights of ceilings should not pose a big problem...the 10’ end is closer to ear height than running at floor level, and even the 16’ peak isn’t much further. You might even get away with a perimeter loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Kane:

--- Quote from: Gary Fitzpatrick on June 18, 2018, 05:48:02 PM ---What’s the length and width of the room?

--- End quote ---

Approximately 60x60ft. The attic is wide open (I've been up there before doing other work) and getting the loop to encompass the seating area shouldn't be a problem.

Gary Fitzpatrick:
Do you need to control overspill? Are there rooms attached that would be affected by the loop signal spilling into then? If not then a perimeter loop will work fine. Just get yourself a good loop tester to make sure you are outputting a decent signal. I use Signet loop amplifiers. Here you can download a calculator to determine which amp you need

http://signet-ac.co.uk/working-it-out/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Kane:
Overspill is not likely an issue.

Thanks for the link!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version