ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante and Cisco SG300's in Layer 3 mode  (Read 2402 times)

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Dante and Cisco SG300's in Layer 3 mode
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »

I have a pair of CL5's connecting to several Rio's, ULXD4Q's and Mac Mini's with DVS and a variaty of other devices using a SG300 series switches.

Currently the SG300's are in their factory default "layer 2" mode. Also running on these switches in other vlans are a separate network for console and other AV device control and a connection to the rest of our public campus network for internet access for a few machines. The Mac Mini's are the only devices that need access to multiple vlan's and I them running on a trunk port with Dante as the untagged vlan and the public network and CL control network as tagged vlans.

To make some other upgrades to the console control network I need to get a DHCP server running on an SG300 which requires changing it's config to "layer 3" mode.

Has anyone run Dante on SG300's in layer 3 mode? Any gotch's I should know about?

Thanks

Philip

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Dante and Cisco SG300's in Layer 3 mode
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »

I have a pair of CL5's connecting to several Rio's, ULXD4Q's and Mac Mini's with DVS and a variaty of other devices using a SG300 series switches.

Currently the SG300's are in their factory default "layer 2" mode. Also running on these switches in other vlans are a separate network for console and other AV device control and a connection to the rest of our public campus network for internet access for a few machines. The Mac Mini's are the only devices that need access to multiple vlan's and I them running on a trunk port with Dante as the untagged vlan and the public network and CL control network as tagged vlans.

To make some other upgrades to the console control network I need to get a DHCP server running on an SG300 which requires changing it's config to "layer 3" mode.

Has anyone run Dante on SG300's in layer 3 mode? Any gotch's I should know about?

Thanks

Philip

Never had a problem with it.

Multiple sg300s.  Dante primary on dedicated switches.  Secondary and other vlans on other switches.  Two sides trunked together at the layer 3 switch.  L3 providing dhcp and routing.

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »

Never had a problem with it.

Multiple sg300s.  Dante primary on dedicated switches.  Secondary and other vlans on other switches.  Two sides trunked together at the layer 3 switch.  L3 providing dhcp and routing.
Thanks

I didn’t figure it would be a problem but, .... :)

Philip

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.