ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fight Fyre with... stupidity  (Read 1383 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Fight Fyre with... stupidity
« on: June 14, 2018, 12:41:09 AM »

Huckster and admitted purveyor of fraud Billy McFarland of Fyre Fest infamy has been charged with new crimes.

https://m.sfgate.com/business/article/Fyre-Festival-Promoter-McFarland-Faces-New-Fraud-12990997.php
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Fight Fyre with... stupidity
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:10:57 AM »

Gather round ye fellow audio techs, and let’s warm our hearts by the Fyre of shadenfruede while brother Tim regales us with stories of the misfortunes of scumbag promoters who deserved everything they got.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:15:33 AM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »

What an asshole. " he had told several people that if he’s sentenced to three years or more, he’ll run.". Well, now he's back in jail until the 26th and going to be sentenced on the 21st. His next sun tan will be striped, and by the time he get's out he'll have a hard time walking, let alone running.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John P. Farrell

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »

Huckster and admitted purveyor of fraud Billy McFarland of Fyre Fest infamy has been charged with new crimes.

https://m.sfgate.com/business/article/Fyre-Festival-Promoter-McFarland-Faces-New-Fraud-12990997.php

I don't understand what was going on in his head.  Did he think people wouldn't notice or that he'd actually get away with any of it?  I'm surprised he hasn't "fallen off a yacht" somewhere...
FOH/PM Blackberry Smoke

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »

I don't understand what was going on in his head.  Did he think people wouldn't notice or that he'd actually get away with any of it?  I'm surprised he hasn't "fallen off a yacht" somewhere...

Yeah this was my first thought too....these were not subtle changes to the contracted arrangements so how long did he think he'd be able to run from this?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.