ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: House gig  (Read 2650 times)

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Re: House gig
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 01:45:11 PM »

Have a gig that band will be playing at a residential home. Home owner did not get generator. If using 2 prx subs 618xlf and 2 615s (this bare bones) do you feel home outlet would be enough? Obviously not knowing what else is on circuit doesn't help, but assuming they minimize use of inside power.

If you can connect one sub/top to a different breaker than the rest of the gear you should have no issues with power. I've run two 18" subs, tops, DJ gear, & lighting off of one 15 amp circuit many times without issue.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »

Have a gig that band will be playing at a residential home. Home owner did not get generator. If using 2 prx subs 618xlf and 2 615s (this bare bones) do you feel home outlet would be enough? Obviously not knowing what else is on circuit doesn't help, but assuming they minimize use of inside power.

As others have said, the entire rig can likely be run from one, good GFI circuit. I have that same system and do it all the time, with 5 monitors and backline included.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »

I always recommend people spend $20 and get one of those green power meters.

Selling audio gear has been so mindlessly tied to a pissing contest over implausible wattage numbers.

Even with the best of intentions, it is easy to fear that we will run out of power.  A $20 green power meter will give you some real numbers to work with, for your gear run your way at your volume.

Wes Garland

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 10:26:35 AM »

Even with the best of intentions, it is easy to fear that we will run out of power.  A $20 green power meter will give you some real numbers to work with, for your gear run your way at your volume.

My rule of thumb is to add up all the wattages and divide by 8 to get in the ball park.

I have a similar way to get real numbers as you - I use rackmount power bars with power readout (leftover from day job).  I can run a whole band from one 15A circuit easily, but I have to be careful at night because I like halogen lights.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 10:26:35 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.