ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set up a separate feed to my live streaming equipment  (Read 4778 times)

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: How to set up a separate feed to my live streaming equipment
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »

I had a few follow up questions to your advice to “just build a mix to an unused pair of Auxes.” I know that “aux” is short for auxillary. I assume that simply means the xlr output ports on the back of the mixer? Why a “pair”? Is it possible to set those up as Left and Right for stereo?

Glad to see others have jumped in to help in my absence (one of the things I like about this place!).  Yes, two of them, one panned Left and another panned Right.

On the Expression, you'd hit an unused "Mix" button and raise each fader to its desired level (just like with monitors).  Repeat for the 2nd Mix/Aux.  Effects can be sent this way, too.  Those Mix Output XLRs on the back would provide signal to your streaming gear.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Stan Mistak

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions.

I believe I have successfully accomplished what I set out to do thanks to eveyrone’s help.

I ended up unassigning the matrix outputs that were being sent to both my cd recorder and my streaming equipment via a splitter and reassigning them to “mix 14”. I then set that mix up as a stereo prefade output and reassigned them L and R the way they were previous set up on the matrix. That way I didn’t even have to mess with the cables. Now I can have a separate mix for my recording/streaming.

At some point soon, I hope to add the congregational mics as were suggested.

Thanks again everyone for a great first experience in this forum.
Take care!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions.

I believe I have successfully accomplished what I set out to do thanks to eveyrone’s help.

I ended up unassigning the matrix outputs that were being sent to both my cd recorder and my streaming equipment via a splitter and reassigning them to “mix 14”. I then set that mix up as a stereo prefade output and reassigned them L and R the way they were previous set up on the matrix. That way I didn’t even have to mess with the cables. Now I can have a separate mix for my recording/streaming.

At some point soon, I hope to add the congregational mics as were suggested.

Thanks again everyone for a great first experience in this forum.
Take care!

Since you set it up as prefade you are going to have to actively mix it on a remote tablet. When mics become inactive and need to be taken out of the mix, the FOH guy doing that won’t kill the mics to your mix. I would make it post fade so you only have to pay attention to the mics that need to be different in the streaming mix. Once you have corrected the balance the FOH guy can do the mix.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.