ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32 with stage box AND M32C  (Read 7410 times)

Patrick Campbell

• Jury's Out Rock Band
Midas M32 with stage box AND M32C
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »

Can you guys and gals share your experience with a set up of

Midas M32 full size board and stage box

AND also using a M32C option too

For $1000 it is worth it ?? 

In tight space shows ?

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: Midas M32 with stage box AND M32C
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:42 AM »

For $1000 it is worth it ?? 

In tight space shows ?

I think we could use a little more info here to be of assistance. What's the purpose of the M32C? Assuming the M32 full size and stage box are a typical FOH with remote input rack configuration, what purpose is the M32C serving?

Patrick Campbell

• Jury's Out Rock Band
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »

I think we could use a little more info here to be of assistance. What's the purpose of the M32C? Assuming the M32 full size and stage box are a typical FOH with remote input rack configuration, what purpose is the M32C serving?

Well we are thinking for Fests and want to use our board/stage box and just give Sound Provider L&R - 

And is some clubs,  that are tight leave the M32 console in the trailer and just use an Ipad.....

I guess my question is ......... is having the M32C in a rack as an option worth it since I read some bad reviews of it ?? 

P

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:00:13 PM »

Well we are thinking for Fests and want to use our board/stage box and just give Sound Provider L&R - 

And is some clubs,  that are tight leave the M32 console in the trailer and just use an Ipad.....

I guess my question is ......... is having the M32C in a rack as an option worth it since I read some bad reviews of it ?? 

P

Never mind
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:09:55 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Art Nadelman

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »

There is no M32C.  No wonder you've "...read some bad reviews..."

Yes there is.  It's the "clone" of the Behringer X32 Core.

The only thing people have complained about is the lack of controls on the front panel (when compared to the X32 Core) and inability to upload scenes via a thumb drive.  It was also (as I recall) about $250 more expensive than the X32 Core.

If you're comfortable mixing on an iPad, then the M32C and Midas stage box are a great combination.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »

There is no M32C.  No wonder you've "...read some bad reviews..."

I mix a few different things on an M32R and find that the trade offs between surface controls and size work for what I'm doing. YMMV.

Other than the available knobs, buttons faders and onboard i/o, the R is identical in features and function to the full size desk.

Assuming you're talking about the M32 "core."

And if that's the case, then yes, I could see situations where it would be handy to have that racked with your stage box and if you can't fit/don't require the full-size desk/physical control surface then just bring in your rack and rock the gig via iPad.

You have to justify if that kind of flexibility is worth the extra 1k. Another option would be to just park the desk right next to the stage and still use the iPad if FOH space is the ultimate deterrent here.

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »

P

The M32 Core contains the same processing engines as the rest of the X32/M32 family. I'm not sure what bad reviews you've read, but in general, the only difference in any of the X32 family mixers is format and preamps.

It sounds like you are planning on running FOH sound from stage at festivals. I would caution against this. If you are looking at running monitors from stage, that's another story and can work out well if implemented properly.

What the M32C gains you is the ability to have separate processing for monitors and FOH when using both boards or when working with another X32/M32 board at FOH, the ability to mix remotely if you don't set up the full size board, a back up in case the FOH board dies, another card slot for an X-Live or WXSG, talkback in and headphone out on stage, another Ultranet universe.

Whether or not it's worth it is entirely up to your specific application. More details about what you are trying to accomplish will help others give you more information.

Patrick Campbell

• Jury's Out Rock Band
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »

Assuming you're talking about the M32 "core."

And if that's the case, then yes, I could see situations where it would be handy to have that racked with your stage box and if you can't fit/don't require the full-size desk/physical control surface then just bring in your rack and rock the gig via iPad.

You have to justify if that kind of flexibility is worth the extra 1k. Another option would be to just park the desk right next to the stage and still use the iPad if FOH space is the ultimate deterrent here.

exactly Steve

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »

Yes there is.  It's the "clone" of the Behringer X32 Core.

The only thing people have complained about is the lack of controls on the front panel (when compared to the X32 Core) and inability to upload scenes via a thumb drive.  It was also (as I recall) about $250 more expensive than the X32 Core.

If you're comfortable mixing on an iPad, then the M32C and Midas stage box are a great combination.

Somehow I saw "C" and in my head heard "Compact".

Post deleted.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.