Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Danley TH118XL Anyone?

(1/3) > >>

John Schalk:
Today on eBay there is a listing for two TH118s for sale by a user who doesn't need them because they don't stack up nicely with their TH118XL cabinets!  The listing includes a picture of the two subs stacked together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123182482042?ul_noapp=true

There is a page up on Danley's website for the new sub, but you have to search for it as they are not showing it in the list of tapped horn models yet.  Personally, I am hoping there is a stampede of TH118 users upgrading to the XL, who flood the market with used TH118s, thereby making them affordable for weekend warriors like me :)

https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/th118xl

Ivan Beaver:
The Th118XL is basically the same as the TH118, except for the large size cabinet, which means a longer horn, which means it goes lower than the standard TH118.

It is heavier, due to more wood.  The drivers are the same.

Jeff Lelko:
I like that the skids align with the SH96.  It's a very clean look.

Jeremy Young:
Aesthetically, a 45" tall subwoofer ground stacked with a 45" wide top cabinet like the SH96HO certainly looks nicer.  The extra low end extension might help those doing EDM but I doubt it will lead to a sudden market flood on used TH118's, but I can't fault your optimism!

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Jeff Lelko on June 11, 2018, 07:46:51 PM ---I like that the skids align with the SH96.  It's a very clean look.

--- End quote ---
Because the skids are interlocking (a male and female on each track on each side of the cabinet), they only interlock in one position.

So if you put the Sh96 on the stack and the skids don't line up, simply flip the SH96 over and they will align.  It will be the same pattern either way.

Or you could do it the hard way and flip all the subs-----

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version