Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Amp suggestions

(1/3) > >>

Nate Nagel:
Looking for suggestions for an amp.  Stereo, 500 Watts per side.  Ability for one channel to be hi z and one to be low z.

Having issues with Crown CDI1000s and trying to find a new amp for installs.

Mostly interested in QSC’s, but not partial to them.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Spence:

--- Quote from: Nate Nagel on June 07, 2018, 11:16:05 AM ---Looking for suggestions for an amp.  Stereo, 500 Watts per side.  Ability for one channel to be hi z and one to be low z.

Having issues with Crown CDI1000s and trying to find a new amp for installs.

Mostly interested in QSC’s, but not partial to them.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

What do you mean by “Ability for one channel to be hi z and one to be low z.”?

Most all 2 channel amps are identical channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Rob Spence on June 08, 2018, 05:19:17 PM ---What do you mean by “Ability for one channel to be hi z and one to be low z.”?

Most all 2 channel amps are identical channels.

--- End quote ---

That may have been the case 10 years ago... but this can be done on a whole bunch of install amps these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rob Spence:

--- Quote from: David Sturzenbecher on June 08, 2018, 06:07:53 PM ---That may have been the case 10 years ago... but this can be done on a whole bunch of install amps these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--- End quote ---

I presume pro live sound application. He didn’t describe his need and has not answered my question.

If you know what he means, by all means, educate me?

Jordan Wolf:

--- Quote from: Rob Spence on June 08, 2018, 11:33:17 PM ---...If you know what he means, by all means, educate me?

--- End quote ---
My guess is that the OP is looking for an amp that can handle both PA speakers and paging/installed systems (70V, etc.).

To the OP: the Drivecore series is pretty nice and meets your specs; the Atlas DPA series looks interesting, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version