ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen-Heath SQ-7 announced  (Read 7380 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Allen-Heath SQ-7 announced
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »

That's an interesting analysis. I think even at its current price point, the C Class is very very competitive in terms of capability and capacity. But of course I wish they lowered the price, because I want to buy one :)

Oh absolutely.  In my opinion dLive C Class is one of the best bang-to-buck options out there if you use it to its full potential.  Barring any major shake-ups in the market I'm planning to invest in a C Class rig later in the year myself, and it's hard to beat the features and flexibility for the price.  At the same time, it's hard to put a C Class rig together for less than 10 or 12K assuming you want a surface.  With SQ raising the bar a bit on the entry-level(ish) options I'm just curious to see where GLD will go.  A&H claims it's not going anywhere, but time will tell if we see a slight revamp on it which would better position GLD between SQ and dLive.

Michael Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »

Oh absolutely.  In my opinion dLive C Class is one of the best bang-to-buck options out there if you use it to its full potential.  Barring any major shake-ups in the market I'm planning to invest in a C Class rig later in the year myself, and it's hard to beat the features and flexibility for the price.  At the same time, it's hard to put a C Class rig together for less than 10 or 12K assuming you want a surface.  With SQ raising the bar a bit on the entry-level(ish) options I'm just curious to see where GLD will go.  A&H claims it's not going anywhere, but time will tell if we see a slight revamp on it which would better position GLD between SQ and dLive.

There's a lot of things I don't really like about GLD. I'd tolerate using it but I wouldn't spend my own money on one. The thing about the C class is you sort of want to get the c3500 because that's really a 2-screen workflow in my opinion.
Lead Instructor / Smaart SPL Product Manager - Rational Acoustics
Technical Editor - ProSoundWeb.com
Freelance Systems Engineer

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 12:38:25 AM »

Just got an SQ6, and then when checking FX it doesn't have multiband compressor. Hopefully it will be available in future update (maybe as an dyn8?)

LeVan Moxley

• King, NC
    • Moxley Production Services
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »

There's a lot of things I don't really like about GLD. I'd tolerate using it but I wouldn't spend my own money on one. The thing about the C class is you sort of want to get the c3500 because that's really a 2-screen workflow in my opinion.

I found the 2nd screen on the C3500 to be a novelty, most of the mixing work happens on the left, the right screen is useful for configuration and then it is a glorified meter bridge.

If they built it like the SD12 where each screen had a full channel strip it would be much more useful, but that's pretty unrealistic to expect it to work like a console that cost twice the price.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Art Nadelman

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 03:04:52 PM »

Sweetwater already has it listed -

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SQ7--allen-and-heath-sq7-33-fader-32-preamp-digital-mixer

I'm surprised they're listing it for that much since the "Street Price" is $4499.

LeVan Moxley

• King, NC
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »

I'm surprised they're listing it for that much since the "Street Price" is $4499.

They've got GLD80's for the same price of $4999.  I was thinking that the SQ7 would be something like $3999 since it's suggested retail is $4499.

Michael Lawrence

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but there's an SQ-7 on my dining room table right now, so if anyone has any burning curiosities, I will attempt to answer them.
Lead Instructor / Smaart SPL Product Manager - Rational Acoustics
Technical Editor - ProSoundWeb.com
Freelance Systems Engineer

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 03:09:27 AM »

there's an SQ-7 on my dining room table right now

If it's getting in your way, you can post it to me!

Steve.

LeVan Moxley

• King, NC
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 04:32:37 AM »

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but there's an SQ-7 on my dining room table right now, so if anyone has any burning curiosities, I will attempt to answer them.

WHAT???  Pics or I don't believe it, lol.  How did you score that situation?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:40:25 AM by LeVan Moxley »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 04:32:37 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.