ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: It's festival season!  (Read 4663 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: It's festival season!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 09:44:29 pm »

There's a DJ on the schedule?!? :P
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Matthias McCready

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 10:53:11 pm »

Well.... if it is anything like the keyboardist I had the other week, maybe the DJ wants help with their software and sounds....  ??? ;D ;D

That could take an hour, right? haha

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2018, 12:30:42 am »

It certainly takes more than one hour from opening the trailer to being ready for a line check or "artist present" sound check.  The schedule was optimistic, to say the least.

We had the DJ playing on time and the performances ran on schedule.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2018, 06:37:36 am »

Oh well, a few weeks ago i had a 5 min window to clear the stage (6 piece band with 2 risers, and a lot of instruments), including all monitors and cabling, and get a dj booth with monitor stacks and some groundstack lighting up and running.

Didn't make it. It took 5 people 7 minutes.

The impossible we do at once, miracles take a bit longer...

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2018, 09:06:06 am »

The impossible we do at once, miracles take a bit longer...

Iím stealing this!
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 03:07:35 pm »

To be truthful I always was a sceptic of the phrase. Oh the weather will be great!

I think you mean skeptic. As you misspelled it, it would phonetically be the same as "septic." Unless you really did mean that the phrase is full of s**t.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 08:12:49 pm »

I think you mean skeptic. As you misspelled it, it would phonetically be the same as "septic." Unless you really did mean that the phrase is full of s**t.

They're both correct. It's like grey and gray, or collectible and collectable.

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2018, 01:50:51 pm »

Who's got things to add??

What's this speaker here on the stage?  Can we move it? followed by...I can't here myself.

Not a festival. My own band, a jazz/roots trio with guitar/vox, mandolin and me doubling on upright & electric bass. We had a monthly residency at midtown hotel for a few years, playing in their rooftop beergarden (or lobby if bad weather).

Simple set-up, venue provided a small Mackie mixer and a single powered EV 15" on a pole for FOH. I would bring my JBL PRX712s to use as monitors, one for me and one for guitarist/vocalist. We've done this gig (and others with the same set-up) a couple dozen times.

Singer (pointing at the JBL positioned as his vocal monitor) asks me, "What's with this speaker? Does this need to be here?"

I'm flabbergasted, and a little concerned for his mental well-being. But after a moment I reply, "No it doesn't. Depends on whether you want to hear yourself or not."

He had no idea I supplied that speaker for every show.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2018, 04:33:14 pm »

It certainly takes more than one hour from opening the trailer to being ready for a line check or "artist present" sound check.  The schedule was optimistic, to say the least.
I thought the part about BYOH doing a 9am soundcheck was optimistic, to say the least... ;D

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2018, 04:34:38 pm »

Pedantic-Asshole-Ray: If you put the dollar sign, you don't need to state "dollars" -- that's being repetitively redundant.

(My apologies.  :o  God, I'm such a dick.)

But 100% agreed. I was in LV this past weekend for a first year convention, and we were doing three breakout rooms, and I went ahead and bought a couple of those Lightning to Headphone Jack adapters from Fry's when I got into town. 9 bucks each plus tax was a bit under $20. Didn't use or need them (other than to pop one out of the package to make sure they did what I thought they would!) -- but rather have 'em now and not need them, as opposed to NOT having one and needing it DESPERATELY.

-Ray

Yep. When I upgraded myself and my older daughter to a refurbished iPhone 7, bought 4 of those so I'd have one in the car and one in my bag and she'd have 2 for same. Haven't tried but will this weekend to see if the lightning-USB Camera adapter works with the Peavey USB-P. I'm guessing the D/A conversion may be slightly better given the room the Peavey box has to work with...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.