ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap LED flood lights (review)  (Read 934 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Cheap LED flood lights (review)
« on: May 31, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »

So this thread reminded me that last year I spent a lot of time searching for inexpensive LED replacements for some 120V/500W halogen floodlights for my yard.

I tried a couple different models that I was less than pleased with -- either they didn't last long, the color rendering was off, construction quality was poor, or they had an annoying flicker (like old fluorescent lights on a cold day). I probably shouldn't have expected much, since I was looking at sub-$50 fixtures made in a large country on the other side of the Pacific ocean.

Last fall I found and purchased this 100W 3000K 10000lm LED flood light. It illuminates my yard nicely and smoothly, the color rendering is excellent, the construction quality seems good, the driver is thermally isolated from the LED chip, it doesn't have a noticeable flicker, and it's more compact than most LED lamps of similar luminosity. I've only had it in for six months, so how long it will actually last is still an open question. At around $50, the price is reasonable. The description says "110V" but the labeling on the fixture itself indicates something like 90-260V AC.

Similar models are available in 3000K (warm white) or 6000K (cool white); 50W/4800lm, 100W/10000lm or 150W/14000lm.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Cheap LED flood lights (review)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »

How is the coverage pattern?

The write up alternately calls them floods and spotlights?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 07:08:29 PM »

How is the coverage pattern?

The write up alternately calls them floods and spotlights?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's definitely a wide flood pattern. Similar to what you would expect from a 500W quartz halogen work light from your local big-box or hardware store.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 07:08:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.