ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual CH Wireless System  (Read 530 times)

Jordan Wolf

Re: Dual CH Wireless System
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 01:40:27 pm »

Given this, have you considered just renting? Probably way cheaper.

-Russ
My thoughts as well.

Let someone else worry about shifting RF spectrum and replacing worn/broken components.

Plus, you establish a relationship with a (hopefully) reliable vendor.
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 02:45:22 pm »

Do you really mean dual channel (two receiver in one box) or is what you want a single receiver with the option of using a handheld OR (not and) a body pack with a lav.  I donít think there are any quality dual channel solutions in your budget range.

Yes, I need dual channel or two separate units.

Steve Garris

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 02:48:19 pm »

My thoughts as well.

Let someone else worry about shifting RF spectrum and replacing worn/broken components.

Plus, you establish a relationship with a (hopefully) reliable vendor.

This involves time I don't have. I would need to drive to pick it up and a return trip when done. I think I can get a usable system, even if I have to up my budget.

Steve Garris

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 02:49:00 pm »

The Shure dual BLX system is hot garbage imo, probably only good for karaoke or wireless on stage use where line of sight is very short and visible. I've scanned for free channels (like 10 channels only?) but once people start packing in, you have to get it high up or else it starts dropping the signal. It was embarrassing to say the least on the below picture. The Shure system was borrowed, not mine.
You heard right to stay away from 2.4 GHz systems. It will look fine during soundcheck, but once people start coming in with their phones pinging for the "free wifi", let's just say you're gonna have a bad time because of the wifi signals interfering with one another. Ray gave you good advice on a EW 100 G3 system; very reliable with way more channels to scan and choose from, and they perform better than the outdated Shure SLX / ULX-S/P.

Thanks for this - I will steer clear!

Steve Garris

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 02:49:35 pm »

Audio Technica 3000 series fills the mid level wireless system very well. Not sure what the pricing will be like on the soon to be released new 3000 series line up, maybe look around for some dealers that still have some of the recent 3000's in 500mhz still in stock.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 10:52:55 pm »

There are used AT 3000 wireless in the Marketplace at a good price. You should be able to get four channels with four beltpacks and earworn mics, and buy four new handheld mics for about the same or less than two channels worth of Shure QLX-D packages new. I've had AT 3000 for several years with good results, and have switched to Shure primarily for local cross-rental purposes.  I'm not affilliated with the seller, but he is a stand-up guy to do business with.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Steve Garris

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 02:02:58 pm »

There are used AT 3000 wireless in the Marketplace at a good price. You should be able to get four channels with four beltpacks and earworn mics, and buy four new handheld mics for about the same or less than two channels worth of Shure QLX-D packages new. I've had AT 3000 for several years with good results, and have switched to Shure primarily for local cross-rental purposes.  I'm not affilliated with the seller, but he is a stand-up guy to do business with.

Thanks Mark. I responded to that ad but have not heard back from him so far.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.