ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I stole a truck  (Read 3755 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
I stole a truck
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:03:01 PM »

One of my trucks, a 1999 14’ box truck has started to nickel and dime me to death so a few weeks ago I started to look for a replacement. All the used trucks in my area with a 12-16’ box size were old and had high mileage so I started to look at new stock from dealers.

The only thing new on any lot in the Reno area was a 2017 cab forward Isuzu NPR with a 14’ box that was ordered special for a guy and the deal fell threw. Not wanting to take out another mortgage on my house to buy the truck I kept looking.

Yesterday in Fallon I found a 2015 barely used on a lot. The previous owner had ordered it new, then found out it was too small for his delivery needs, bought a bigger truck and kept this one around as a backup.  Check out the mileage

I need to put in some more E track but that’s about it. Has the bigger engine, tow package with hitch, 16’ FRP body, long ramp and a nice stereo.

Best part was I stole it from the dealer because it was too big for his everyday customers, and too small for most of his commercial customers.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:23:45 PM by Craig Leerman »
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: I stole a truck
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »

Damn!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »

One of my trucks, a 1999 14’ box truck has started to nickel and dime me to death so a few weeks ago I started to look for a replacement. All the used trucks in my area with a 12-16’ box size were old and had high mileage so I started to look at new stock from dealers.

The only thing new on any lot in the Reno area was a 2017 cab forward Isuzu NPR with a 14’ box that was ordered special for a guy and the deal fell threw. Not wanting to take out another mortgage on my house to buy the truck I kept looking.

Yesterday in Fallon I found a 2015 barely used on a lot. The previous owner had ordered it new, then found out it was too small for his delivery needs, bought a bigger truck and kept this one around as a backup.  Check out the mileage

I need to put in some more E track but that’s about it. Has the bigger engine, tow package with hitch, 16’ FRP body, long ramp and a nice stereo.

Best part was I stole it from the dealer because it was too big for his everyday customers, and too small for most of his commercial customers.

That's a beauty.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:57:37 PM »

Check out the mileage

Yeah, I'd say it's got a little life left  ;) .  Congrats!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 02:39:31 AM »

Yeah buddy!

scottstephens

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »

NICE!!!! Congrats from Sound guys everywhere.

Scott

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 12:44:49 PM »

How much???
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »

How much???
Could you have gotten him a better deal?
You do on everything else.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 10:57:52 PM »

$30K  :)

Ford quoted me $47K for a new pickup front aluminum 14' box, Chevy was $48K for a new van front 16' aluminum box and they both had a 60-90 day delivery times. Neither had a tow package.

The 2017 Isuzu NPR 14' that was sitting on the dealer lot was over $55K

I only saw one nice used truck, a 2010 GMC 14' that had about 20k miles and had a lift gate. I prefer ramps as I need to walk stage decks up and down. They wanted $33K.

Most of the used vehicles I saw were at least 10 years old, had 100K + miles and were priced between 7K and 20K depending on how beat up they were.

I just finished loading the first show in Neubert. He is named after the old truck Qbert, short for Cube Truck and named after the old video game. The new "Bert" is now Neubert!

Just ordered more E Track. There is only a single row down each side and none across the front wall of the box.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 11:47:38 PM »

Don't you feel bad about this Craig? Good luck with Neubert, he should last a long time and keep you safe for many, many more miles of fun and adventure.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 11:47:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.