ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How to go hard wired XR18  (Read 17977 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
How to go hard wired XR18
« on: May 19, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »

A question to those of you using X Air mixers.

I have an XR18 as my back up board and for small shows - quite an impressive little box really and fun to use.

When I go to a show, I take my QU-PAC, my XR18, my router of course and a kit with powered hub and camera cables so I can go hardwired to my iPad if I need to.
However, although getting hard wired connected to my QU-PAC this way is very easy and quick using the hub and cables ( I just turn off wi-fi), I cannot find a way to do the same with the XR18.
In 'set-up' on the iPad X air app, I see the network preferences page but if I change the setting from wi-fi to ethernet, it does not save and does not work so I am sure I am missing a piece of the puzzle.

Do I need to make this change on my desk top using the X air edit app instead?  I like the fact I can switch back and forth using the QU-Pac and iPad simply by turning off wi-fi so I hope I don't have to use the X air edit app every time I want switch back and forth on the XR18 .
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: How to go hard wired XR18
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »

Isn't there a switch on the front if I recall.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »

Isn't there a switch on the front if I recall.

Yes, sorry - I have that switched to ethernet also. Still cannot find device.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Bolt

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 07:14:51 PM »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:17:50 PM »

Check this out Debbie:  https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-set-up-my-behringer-x-air-series-mixer-with-an-external-wireless-router/
You need to set a static IP on it. All that discovery stuff is frought with issues.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »

I just tried changing network settings on an x18 with the iPad app, and it would not 'take'. Android app and laptop control worked fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:47:36 PM »

I hate to tell you this, but imo, iThings and Behringer mixers are not a match made in heaven. The Android app, particularly mixing station pro, is much better than the iPad app.

My uncle has an XR16 at his church and all they have us an iPad to run it. I installed the software on an old iPad I have just to help him through things over the phone. There is no way I would run solely with an iPad with an XR mixer.

The last tablet I bought was $80. It's a 10.5" RCA, and it works great with mixing station.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:03:45 AM »

I hate to tell you this, but imo, iThings and Behringer mixers are not a match made in heaven. The Android app, particularly mixing station pro, is much better than the iPad app.

My uncle has an XR16 at his church and all they have us an iPad to run it. I installed the software on an old iPad I have just to help him through things over the phone. There is no way I would run solely with an iPad with an XR mixer.

The last tablet I bought was $80. It's a 10.5" RCA, and it works great with mixing station.

The iPad works great with the XR18 if used wirelessly. It's just the ethernet connection to the iPad that I am having a problem with.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 02:07:08 AM »

I just tried changing network settings on an x18 with the iPad app, and it would not 'take'. Android app and laptop control worked fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So maybe I can only change the network settings on my laptop - not my iPad. Makes taking the hub and camera adapter cables with me to shows  in case of wi fi issues, a bit redundant when it comes to the XR18. At least it works seamlessly with the QU- PAC I suppose...

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »

Its been a while sonce I’ve done it, but from what I remember the xr had a default ip address of 192.168.1.1. Which if you use almost any router (except apple iI think) the router’s default ip is also 1.1.

This causes no end of comfusion amongst the data pixies which keep crashing in to each other trying to find their home.

You need to set the xr to something besides 1.1, and have it set to static. Save this in the xr and it should be good to go. I do think if you set it up with a laptop you’ll be good to just take the ipad to shows. Mine has never lost its settings.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.