ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Yanni vs Laurel  (Read 5361 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Yanni vs Laurel
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:59:17 PM »

I just listened to this for the first time(been hearing about it for a few days now) and all I hear is Laurel. Also listened to the clips Art linked and again all I hear is Laurel with some weird sound effects in the background as the boost is swept through. Maybe it is my listening device.. a laptop which has pretty poor speakers, but maybe that limited bandwidth filters out some of distractions that make people hear other things.

Until I downloaded the sound clip into my DAW, I had only heard Yanni whether on my phone, my lap top or my stereo with sub. Even on my DAW I have to manipulate the EQ quite bit to be able to hear Laurel.  Chris only hears Laurel through the same devices.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 10:59:28 PM »

If you play it backwards, it says "John Lennon is the Devil". 
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »

If you play it backwards, it says "John Lennon is the Devil".

I thought it was Yoko Ono's voice saying "I buried Paul".

::)

Strawberry Fields Forever!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 03:42:24 AM »

I heard that Yanni only hears laurel

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 05:51:17 AM »

Knock Knock...

Who's there?.....

Laurel.

Yanny who?......

;D ;D  (shamelessly stolen from a post on FB).

Yeah I'm the same as a few people on here that I only ever here Laurel, no mater what device I have listened to it on. It screws with my head how anyone could possibly hear anything different, it seems so obviously Laurel to me.  ???

K

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »

Hearing/equipment test....

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

John L Nobile

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 09:50:51 AM »

I'm listening through headphones and I'm not hearing either. To me it sounds like "Yowie".

Jeff Schoonover1

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 11:24:28 AM »

On the very first listen, I heard "Yanni." A few subsequent listens, and I could clearly hear the over (or under?) tones that made up the "Laurel" portion, but my brain still gravitated to "Yanni"   After viewing Art's DAW clip, I clearly hear that it's saying both, and can hear both in the 100% speed.  It's fascinating how one person's brain latches onto the higher register and another person's brain gravitates to the low.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 11:28:13 AM »

On the very first listen, I heard "Yanni." A few subsequent listens, and I could clearly hear the over (or under?) tones that made up the "Laurel" portion, but my brain still gravitated to "Yanni"   After viewing Art's DAW clip, I clearly hear that it's saying both, and can hear both in the 100% speed.  It's fascinating how one person's brain latches onto the higher register and another person's brain gravitates to the low.

Yes - I can hear both if I set the EQ or speed just right. I actually can then hear LAURNEE - a blend of the 2.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »

I can't hear Yanni at all no matter what I do, only Laurel with some weird HF artifacts approximating 64kbps mp3 files. Perhaps an alien in the background saying weird things that start with the 'Y' sound.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.