ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Front Fill Choices  (Read 5933 times)

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
Re: Front Fill Choices
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 11:33:58 PM »

Take a look at On Point Audio models:

http://onesystems.com/products/opa-28-np/

http://onesystems.com/products/opa-8-np/

+1 on these. I just used those exact speakers as mains and fills for a smallish church. Impressive output for their size and required very little EQ to sound nice. I remember thinking, "No way could these get loud enough... They're tiny." Everyone was surprised when we fired them up for the first time.

Ben Easler

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 10:13:25 AM »

+1 on these. I just used those exact speakers as mains and fills for a smallish church. Impressive output for their size and required very little EQ to sound nice. I remember thinking, "No way could these get loud enough... They're tiny." Everyone was surprised when we fired them up for the first time.
Those seem to have pretty decent specs but the conical coverage pattern seems less ideal than the EV or Renkus options. Would you agree with that thought?

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »

I use Vue Audiotechnik i-2X4.5 and I love them. Sound amazing and are about as low profile as it gets.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 03:36:06 PM »

Those seem to have pretty decent specs but the conical coverage pattern seems less ideal than the EV or Renkus options. Would you agree with that thought?

Remember with speakers as small as these, the nominal coverage pattern is only maintained in the top couple of octaves (roughly), and coverage will be wider just about everywhere below that.
The EV you mention in your 1st post for example has over 90o vertical coverage everywhere below 5kHz.

Always check the polars/beamwidth graph on the spec sheets as well as the freq response etc.
HTH,
David.

MikeHarris

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »

I use Vue Audiotechnik i-2X4.5 and I love them. Sound amazing and are about as low profile as it gets.
i have used them as church front fill built into the steps.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.