ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for 10sec dry vocal tracks  (Read 1378 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Looking for 10sec dry vocal tracks
« on: May 17, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »

Looking for 10sec dry vocal tracks, MP3s are preferred. I have a copy of the Lexicon “Dry Tracks II” CD from years ago. It is great to play around with effects settings to see what you like. My only complaint is the vocal tracks are out of date, style wise. So I am looking for anyone that is willing to share some dry vocal tracks. I just would want some clips around 10 second long, I can loop them to make them longer. Different styles would be great. Solos are probably the best source material for this purpose. But I would love to play with any vocal tracks anyone is willing to offer. I am not sure of the best way for someone to share this with me. I can PM anyone an email address that you can send it to. The file or files if you have a few MP3s shouldn’t be too big to email.   

I don’t usually in the heat of battle have a chance to tweak reverb settings. I have tried using my own voice and it never works for me to hear myself in my head and the reverb.

And this actually has nothing at all to do with my Orchestra reverb question.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: Looking for 10sec dry vocal tracks
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »

You should be able to find something you like here: http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Looking for 10sec dry vocal tracks, MP3s are preferred. I have a copy of the Lexicon “Dry Tracks II” CD from years ago. It is great to play around with effects settings to see what you like. My only complaint is the vocal tracks are out of date, style wise. So I am looking for anyone that is willing to share some dry vocal tracks. I just would want some clips around 10 second long, I can loop them to make them longer. Different styles would be great. Solos are probably the best source material for this purpose. But I would love to play with any vocal tracks anyone is willing to offer. I am not sure of the best way for someone to share this with me. I can PM anyone an email address that you can send it to. The file or files if you have a few MP3s shouldn’t be too big to email.   

I don’t usually in the heat of battle have a chance to tweak reverb settings. I have tried using my own voice and it never works for me to hear myself in my head and the reverb.

And this actually has nothing at all to do with my Orchestra reverb question.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »

Thank you for all that helped me, a few by Private Message. I now have more selections to play with. Now off to play. I am trying to figure out if I can get the vocal reverb sounds I am looking for in the M32 and I am going to compare it to the Yamaha Rev7 I have. If I am not happy with the M32 settings I will probably start carrying the Rev7 with me. If the reverb sounds in it are as good as I remember them to be. Or maybe I should say if they are appropriate to my taste. I consider myself to be a vocal reverb snob. BTW I love the reverb sound in the M32 for Horns for music like Chicago horn section and those types of bands. I am still trying to find the setting that I like for the Vocal reverb sound in it.

Joe Pieternella

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:27:54 AM »

Now off to play. I am trying to figure out if I can get the vocal reverb sounds I am looking for in the M32 and I am going to compare it to the Yamaha Rev7 I have. If I am not happy with the M32 settings I will probably start carrying the Rev7 with me. If the reverb sounds in it are as good as I remember them to be. Or maybe I should say if they are appropriate to my taste. I consider myself to be a vocal reverb snob. BTW I love the reverb sound in the M32 for Horns for music like Chicago horn section and those types of bands. I am still trying to find the setting that I like for the Vocal reverb sound in it.

I quite like the PCM PLate emulation for long verbs and the classic Lexicon emulator for all other types of verbs.
Pay attention to the way the verb sounds at the end of the tail. Some verbs have a "hard knee" tail end.

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »

I quite like the PCM PLate emulation for long verbs and the classic Lexicon emulator for all other types of verbs.
Pay attention to the way the verb sounds at the end of the tail. Some verbs have a "hard knee" tail end.

Which ones are those on the M32? I know the X32 and the M32 are basically the same in this regard. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.