ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Tio 1608D Problems  (Read 4502 times)

Garon Shuck

Yamaha Tio 1608D Problems
« on: May 25, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »

We purchased two Tio's a few months ago and are starting to have issues with them. We are running two Tio's with an LS9, we have to use the R remote to control them both. When you first turn on the booth the tio's connect to the R remote with no issue. It is only after five minutes that the tio's vanish from the R remote. The only way to get them to reconnect is to restart the booth but then you only get five minutes again. Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Don Davis

• So Cal
Re: Yamaha Tio 1608D Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 04:32:02 PM »

We purchased two Tio's a few months ago and are starting to have issues with them. We are running two Tio's with an LS9, we have to use the R remote to control them both. When you first turn on the booth the tio's connect to the R remote with no issue. It is only after five minutes that the tio's vanish from the R remote. The only way to get them to reconnect is to restart the booth but then you only get five minutes again. Has anyone ran into this issue before?
Garon, this will be hard to trouble shoot over the web with out a lot more info about your set up, network etc. I suspect its a network issue. I had a similar problem with my TIOs but found out there was a non-gigabit switch inserted in the chain somewhere. Replaced that and no problems since.

Is there a dedicated network for the Dante? There are guys here that are way more qualified to ask network questions than me, maybe someone will jump in.
I am not using an LS9 BTW so my comments may not relate your issue.

Ron Bolte

• Mmmmm.. ok...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »

A confusing aspect of Tio/Rio, there is a separate address(from the dante addresses) for the control of the unit.  If you haven't used R Remote to change the network setting of that address, its still in Auto (link local) mode.  If true, your computer you are using to control it must be in auto also.  R Remote lets you change the network settings of the unit, its in the manual.  I use static addresses, so I had to change my laptop to auto, connect to the Tio, use R Remote to change to "static" and set the address. Power cycle the Tio, return laptop to static address and all is happy.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.