ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage Snake/FOH setup  (Read 5718 times)

Rod Jackson

Stage Snake/FOH setup
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:07:58 AM »

Good morning,

My church just bought a new building and I am trying to get the P.A installed.  My problem is, I am trying to get a signal to my speakers and floor monitors without running a million cables.  I was thinking of running a stage snake to the stage and running my speakers through the returns but I'm not sure if I could do that without damaging the speakers or the wires in the snake.  Other than running long cables everywhere, can anybody give me suggestions please?

Dave Scarlett

Re: Stage Snake/FOH setup
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »

Depends on your mixer, many digital solutions are are available. What are you using?

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:00:15 AM »

I am trying to get a signal to my speakers and floor monitors
Are these powered speakers?
If so, using the returns would be fine.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »

Are these powered speakers?
If so, using the returns would be fine.
The snake returns are designed for this purpose. Either connect to powered speakers or the amps used to power passive speakers.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »

Good morning,

My church just bought a new building and I am trying to get the P.A installed.  My problem is, I am trying to get a signal to my speakers and floor monitors without running a million cables.  I was thinking of running a stage snake to the stage and running my speakers through the returns but I'm not sure if I could do that without damaging the speakers or the wires in the snake.  Other than running long cables everywhere, can anybody give me suggestions please?
If it wasn't clear in the other posts: Do NOT run the output of an amp through the snake to speakers on the stage.

It is ok to send the line level output of a non amplified mixer to the input of an amp ( either stand alone or built into a powered speaker) near the stage via the snake.

If you are still not sure, tell us the exact models of equipment you are moving.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Jay Barracato

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »

If it wasn't clear in the other posts: Do NOT run the output of an amp through the snake to speakers on the stage.

It is ok to send the line level output of a non amplified mixer to the input of an amp ( either stand alone or built into a powered speaker) near the stage via the snake.

If you are still not sure, tell us the exact models of equipment you are moving.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yes .... let me clarify my post....
"The snake returns are designed for this purpose. Either connect THE RETURN OUTS IN THE SNAKE to powered speakers or the amps used to power passive speakers."
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »

Good morning,

If you have powered speakers and you're only sending the signal from the mixer through the snake, then you'll be fine. If you're using passive speakers and you want to minimize cable runs, move the amps close to the stage. Since you purchased the building, you could also consider having a qualified person install some permanent wiring and connectors around the stage. You'll want to make sure they would br in the place you want them before installing them, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Simon_Barrett

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »

If you have powered speakers and you're only sending the signal from the mixer through the snake, then you'll be fine. If you're using passive speakers and you want to minimize cable runs, move the amps close to the stage. Since you purchased the building, you could also consider having a qualified person install some permanent wiring and connectors around the stage. You'll want to make sure they would br in the place you want them before installing them, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

^^^ This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.