ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Infocomm 2018  (Read 7860 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Infocomm 2018
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »

I just booked a week long corporate with a new client that should pan out into a lot more work so I have to miss Infocomm this year

I’m gonna be the wireless guy on an easy gig.

Me “How many wireless are we using”
Client “12”
Me “In each room?”
Client “No, total. 4 in the General Session, 1 in each Breakout.”

Craig
I hope you don't stress out too much.   ;D
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 11:22:36 PM »

I just booked a week long corporate with a new client that should pan out into a lot more work so I have to miss Infocomm this year

Well I guess I need to cancel my flight.

It is always fun to hang with Craig.

Oh well-------  Maybe somebody can take his place.

But I understand-work calls first.

But hey-if you can slide by Sunday later in the day, we may have most of it working-if you are interested.  I know you are----------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 04:01:37 AM »

Well I guess I need to cancel my flight.

It is always fun to hang with Craig.

Oh well-------  Maybe somebody can take his place.

But I understand-work calls first.

But hey-if you can slide by Sunday later in the day, we may have most of it working-if you are interested.  I know you are----------

Thanks buddy, but don’t cancel your flight cause I heard you have some new stuff to show!
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 12:07:42 AM »

Ok. I’m getting in Monday afternoon.

Have the Dante Level 3 Training class on Tuesday. But I’ll be at the show Wednesday and Thurdsay. Heading back home on Friday. Who else is gong to be there? And is there anything that I specifically need to see (in addition to the Danley stuff)?

Anyone want to get together?
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:03 AM »

Have the Dante Level 3 Training class on Tuesday. But I’ll be at the show Wednesday and Thurdsay. Heading back home on Friday. Who else is gong to be there? And is there anything that I specifically need to see (in addition to the Danley stuff)?

I'll be there, would love to meet some folks to put faces to names but I am not sure that I have enough time given how scheduled everything is to meet with each of our reps and get to so many manufacturers.

If you have not heard them I'd suggest getting by Martin Audio's booth and hearing the Wavefront Precision systems as well as the XE series monitors.  I am really looking forward to their Sound Adventures immersive audio demo as well.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »

While they don't get fanboy love here, Renkus Heinz has always had one of the best sounding demo rooms of the entire bunch.   One word of advise, walking the floor is fun to see new product, but you can achieve 90% of seeing a new product just from surfing the web.  Sitting in the demo rooms is something quite difficult outside of the show.  So prioritize the rooms first and floor second.   Don't be afraid to walk out of a room either...
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »

While they don't get fanboy love here, Renkus Heinz has always had one of the best sounding demo rooms of the entire bunch.   One word of advise, walking the floor is fun to see new product, but you can achieve 90% of seeing a new product just from surfing the web.  Sitting in the demo rooms is something quite difficult outside of the show.  So prioritize the rooms first and floor second.   Don't be afraid to walk out of a room either...
Back when I used to "walk the floor" (I don't get to do it much these days), I would often find things from companies I didn't know of, or get ideas from how things were displayed/hung etc.

One such event was when I purchased my first Audio Toolbox (with the purple knobs).  They started making them 2 weeks earlier.

It was one of the best investments I have made in this business (I later up graded a couple of times), from a very small booth on the backside of the floor.

There are advantages and disadvantages to walking the floor. The thing to avoid (but hard to do) is to spend your time hanging out at a booth that you already know the products, and not looking for new/different products.

While demo rooms are great and encouraged, they are often different than reality-especially with loudspeakers that are almost never deployed in such small spaces. The larger ones anyway.

You can't walk the patterns, you can't tell what it really sounds like when pushed etc.  But you can get an idea of what you would like the reps to bring to your shop for better evaluation.

Demo rooms are usually a great place to hang out and hear other stories, or "secret" information.

The demo rooms is where "the cool" people hang out, that is why they put me on the show floor HA-HA. 
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »

One of my assigned tasks for attendance at this show is to find some info on digital signage product lines to bring back to our marketing people.

Anyone have any pointers on which companies and product lines to pay attention to?
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 05:05:12 PM »

One of my assigned tasks for attendance at this show is to find some info on digital signage product lines to bring back to our marketing people.

Anyone have any pointers on which companies and product lines to pay attention to?
You could probably spend the whole show on digital signage alone.

Sorry-but I don't do video :)  So no help there.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »

Are you looking for software, hardware, or both?  I have some experience with Scala and Carousel...  we are leaving Scala and heading to carousel... so that should tell you a lot.  Our gov access channel uses a different carousel product for non show times and their experience has been positive. 

Enterprise grade digital signage is a weird thing in that you have to find a product that has the features you need, but in a package that non technical people can use.  But then again the IT backend needs to be robust enough as well...

Some of our IT guys went to info-com last year specifically to look at all the digital signage options. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.