ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winisd dual 18, what am I alowed to ask about here?  (Read 8701 times)

Mike Spade

Re: Winisd dual 18, what am I alowed to ask about here?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 08:56:21 PM »

Me too - I'm out.  As predicted in post #4 this is now another dumpster fire.  I've killed enough brain cells on this one!

Maybe its for the best, this forum doesn't seem to want to talk about speakers or cab designs, they just want to talk about what I own and berate me for it as if it has anything to do with high eff low wattage drivers or cabs.

I mean your not helping produce anything constructive here, you won't be missed.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »

Maybe its for the best, this forum doesn't seem to want to talk about speakers or cab designs, they just want to talk about what I own and berate me for it as if it has anything to do with high eff low wattage drivers or cabs.

I mean your not helping produce anything constructive here, you won't be missed.

Mike,
There are many people on this forum who are more than happy to share decades of accumulated knowledge with you to help you to learn from their years of working and learning in this field.  Often this learning is from making mistakes that we are happy to help others avoid.
Part of that requires you to be willing to learn. 

You keep mentioning speaker wattage which has  nothing at all to do with output capability unless you also know the speakers efficiency and how that was measured.  It is like claiming you know your car is fast because of how much gas it uses.  Certainly a very fast car may use more gas but not all gas hogs are fast.  To make your car fast there are aspects of automotive science that you have to nderstand.  Same goes for building speakers.

A wall of lower power handling subs may well provide the sound that you want and you may be able to design some cabinets yourself but a lot of the hard work that can get you to a good starting point has been done for you if you would be willing to listen and learn from others so that you can make informed decisions to get to a starting point.

There are many compromises in each choice that must be made in a subwoofer design. 
How low do you need it to go, how big can each cabinet be, can it unload below the tuning frequency or do you want/need it to be sealed, how loud do you need it to play and with how much acceptable distortion, how much power can be utilized to achieve these things, etc.? 
You can't make an inexpensive, very small, very efficient sub that gets super loud and plays to 20Hz.  You have to start with your wish list, understand your compromises both self-imposed and those required by physics, and work from there.
Most here would like to help you to understand the why's of the choices that need to be made. 

If you are willing to answer questions as they are asked rather than answer like you already know everything I am sure some folks will help. 

Up to you.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »

Well I did have a very nice long reply written, however as you do not find it to be constructive or helpful I think it is better I do not post.

Hope you are able to figure things out.

Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

This is not a DIY forum. I'm sure you will be able to find one.

Mac
admin

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.