Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Rcf 8006 and 9006

(1/10) > >>

Mike Santarelli:
Anyone hear these and can offer opinions? 

From what I have found the 9006 is a cleaner sounding sub with the 8006 having more punch in certain frequencies.

Looking for opinions between the two.

Mike Santarelli:
Figured I follow up for anyone seeking the same questions.

I went to RCF and had a demo of the subs and the hdl20 and hdl30. 

First off, both subs sound amazing.  One will easily put out what two of my srx828 will.

The 9006 was my favorite.  It had incredible punch and the clarity was some of the best I've heard in a sub.  I was very impressed.

Mark Wilkinson:

--- Quote from: Mike Santarelli on June 19, 2018, 10:26:09 AM ---Figured I follow up for anyone seeking the same questions.

I went to RCF and had a demo of the subs and the hdl20 and hdl30. 

First off, both subs sound amazing.  One will easily put out what two of my srx828 will.

The 9006 was my favorite.  It had incredible punch and the clarity was some of the best I've heard in a sub.  I was very impressed.

--- End quote ---

Do you know what drivers are in the 9006? 
Everyone seems impressed by it..

thx,  mark

Geert Friedhof:
Get the 9006 if you buy new and can afford them.

Get the 8006 if you can't, or if you get a great deal on demo/second hand.

David Morison:

--- Quote from: Mark Wilkinson on June 19, 2018, 04:51:52 PM ---Do you know what drivers are in the 9006? 
Everyone seems impressed by it..

thx,  mark

--- End quote ---

IIRC, in an earlier thread an RCF rep pointed out that they don't use off the shelf units from their standard product line for their own boxes.
So although it'd be nice to model what might be used, it won't be as simple as finding the highest powered, longest excursion example from that range and assuming it'll be a match.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version