ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QU USB Drive Recording  (Read 685 times)

Robert Lunceford

QU USB Drive Recording
« on: May 08, 2018, 02:20:18 AM »

Looking at the A&H QU forum, there seems to be a lot of issues finding a USB drive that is suitable for recording. It appears that many drives are not even recognized by the mixer when you plug them in to the console and you are not even able to attempt to format the drive.

I have two drives that have operated flawlessly but they are older drives and no longer available.
The first is a Kingston HyperX 64GB Thumb Drive. It is dark blue/black. I have tried the newer version which is red/black but the QU does not recognize it.
The second drive that works is a Seagate SRD00F1 HDD.

Checking to see if anyone has purchased a late model drive that is able to multitrack record with 0 errors on the QU.

It looks as though the SQ consoles are having the same issue.

Michael Mullin

Re: QU USB Drive Recording
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 06:46:17 PM »

SanDisk Extreme 64 works great

Looking at the A&H QU forum, there seems to be a lot of issues finding a USB drive that is suitable for recording. It appears that many drives are not even recognized by the mixer when you plug them in to the console and you are not even able to attempt to format the drive.

I have two drives that have operated flawlessly but they are older drives and no longer available.
The first is a Kingston HyperX 64GB Thumb Drive. It is dark blue/black. I have tried the newer version which is red/black but the QU does not recognize it.
The second drive that works is a Seagate SRD00F1 HDD.

Checking to see if anyone has purchased a late model drive that is able to multitrack record with 0 errors on the QU.

It looks as though the SQ consoles are having the same issue.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »

I bought a Lacie Mini Rugged back in December-works fine.
Steve Swaffer

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 11:40:59 PM »

SanDisk Extreme 64 works great

+1
I've used these for years, however, that model looks to be discontinued and I can't vouch for the newer models. The one that looks like a direct replacement has mixed reviews and mixed speed reports.

Edit:
If I were to buy one today, I'd bet on the Pro model.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 11:40:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.