ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: carry bag for subwoofer poles???  (Read 3181 times)

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
carry bag for subwoofer poles???
« on: May 02, 2018, 08:53:38 PM »

Does NOBODY make a bag to carry adjustable subwoofer poles? We use the On Stage adjustable poles with the M20 threaded ends, and have been carting them around in their factory cardboard box. I'd like a sturdy bag to put them in, something that fits, not a standard speaker stand bag. Does anyone know of something like this?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: carry bag for subwoofer poles???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:03:02 PM »

No speaker stand bag?  A quick "G" search returned a whole bunch of hits for various sizes, colors and brands.  What else might fit in the size you want?  That's your search term...

Failing that, a trip to Amazon for "draw string bag" and then the dimensions would probably turn up some candidates as well.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:05:20 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:09:07 PM »

No speaker stand bag?  A quick "G" search returned a whole bunch of hits for various sizes, colors and brands.  What else might fit in the size you want?  That's your search term...

Failing that, a trip to Amazon for "draw string bag" and then the dimensions would probably turn up some candidates as well.
The poles we have a 31". All of the bags described as "subwoofer pole" bags are just standard 42" speaker stand bags. There is SO much extra room in there, I would think there would be something better fitting. I've been all over amazon, ebay, rei, and every other purveyor of similar stuff that I can think of. Fishing pole bags come up, walking stick bags, too. These are generally very thin and not durable. I was hoping I was just missing something obvious that others have been using.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:51 PM »

What about something like this??
carry case
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

John Fruits

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 09:24:00 PM »

Darn, Debbie beat me, a tripod carrying bag.  Lots of size choices.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »

8)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »

What about something like this??
carry case
Holy smokes. I've been searching a fair bit and this looks like the closest thing to perfect that I've seen. Thank you Debbie! Guess I need to brush up on my interwebbing search skills.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »

Holy smokes. I've been searching a fair bit and this looks like the closest thing to perfect that I've seen. Thank you Debbie! Guess I need to brush up on my interwebbing search skills.

;)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »

There are loads of choices in golf club bags too, a 33" "Sunday" bag goes for around $30.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »

I put mine in with my speaker stands.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Art Nadelman

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 03:43:52 PM »

Even better yet, I'm also a photographer and NEVER thought about putting tripods in a bag.  Great idea!

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 04:01:57 PM »

We have our K&M threaded poles in the K&M 21422 bags, which look nice and have been quite durable. One end is open with a cinch cord to close it which I don't necesarily love, but there are no zippers to break.

They make a variety of shapes and sizes if you browse their accessories for speaker stands.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »

For something even more durable, you can make some tubes of PVC pipe with a glued on cap on one end, and a threaded plug on the other. Line it with 1/2" foam for a little shock protection.

The biggest problem is they will roll around.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 04:35:43 PM »

K&M makes exactly such a bag. I use them with my K&M extending poles. It's drawstring on the end. Long enough to fit the K&M 26736 distance rods.

https://products.k-m.de/us/Speakerlighting-and-monitor-stands-and-holders/Accessories-for-speaker-stands/21422-Carrying-case

Does NOBODY make a bag to carry adjustable subwoofer poles? We use the On Stage adjustable poles with the M20 threaded ends, and have been carting them around in their factory cardboard box. I'd like a sturdy bag to put them in, something that fits, not a standard speaker stand bag. Does anyone know of something like this?
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »

;)
I bought one of the ~$15 amazon specials (supon brand) and it is absolutely perfect. 80cm long, mucho padding. It's exactly like the "on-stage" tripod speaker stand bag, but perfectly sized to fit subwoofer poles. I only bought one to test the waters, and went back immediately to buy more and ... they are sold out... Ebay, here I come!

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »

I'm going to mention something that you would think would be painfully obvious but somehow isn't to us analytical/OCD tech types sometimes..  I just "discovered" this myself so I'm not trying to claim any special level of intelligence here. I bet most of us collapse those sub poles before stowing them away don't we, funny thing is if you leave them fully extended they don't slide around inside a standard speaker stand bag.  ::)
I still like the idea of a slip bag for the poles themselves because I often stuff one or two in the bag with a pair of speaker stands and the slip will minimize scratches from rubbing hard parts.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:40:18 PM by Paul G. OBrien »

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 01:10:20 AM »

I'm going to mention something that you would think would be painfully obvious but somehow isn't to us analytical/OCD tech types sometimes..  I just "discovered" this myself so I'm not trying to claim any special level of intelligence here. I bet most of us collapse those sub poles before stowing them away don't we, funny thing is if you leave them fully extended they don't slide around inside a standard speaker stand bag.  ::)
I still like the idea of a slip bag for the poles themselves because I often stuff one or two in the bag with a pair of speaker stands and the slip will minimize scratches from rubbing hard parts.

Paul, yes, I'm compulsive, but I'm also lazy (and short). I have to have my sub poles fully collapsed to load and unload them.  It never occurred to me to extend the poles for transport, and then collapse them again when I next deploy them. 
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »

Some years ago I got a snowboard bag which will fit a couple speaker stands and a few mic stands for small gigs.  Right now it's got my cable ramps in it.  Kind of a handy size.  When I use them, I usually throw the distance poles in the SKB golf bag/mic stand case.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.